At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
As an office administrator and receptionist you will play an important part in a dedicated Office Support team based in our London headquarters. This will be a unique opportunity for you to build a career in a forward-thinking office operations and employee experience focused department. You will join a fun, hardworking, energetic, and supportive team and will be constantly challenged in a modern, fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for giving all staff and guests of Improbable an outstanding experience and fostering relationships with some of the leading talent in the games industry. Supporting a growing company you will exercise flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust and prioritise based on frequent, last-minute changes, using a high level of integrity and discretion. You will work closely on key initiatives and projects in the People and Operations team focused around improving day to day operations, company and team processes and policies, as well as being a real advocate in the company for employee engagement by building and running a calendar of events that tie into the culture of the company and the games industry.
Responsibilities - Office Administration
- Support day-to-day office operation, action towards office related requests, ensure smooth and supportive office operation
- Support office reception, manage visitors to the office, including guests, candidates, courier and etc.
- Office/HR benefits purchase, organize lunch, purchase snacks, fruit, office stationeries on regular basis, manage stock, plan and purchase holiday gift, and other ad-hoc purchases - this person will be the sole point of HR benefits related purchases
- Take care of office maintenance, respond to related requests from employees, take care of maintenance work when needed
- Drive projects to improve our employee and guest experience with a strong connection to company culture.
- Plan and organize internal events and celebrations, eg: birthday/anniversary/project milestone/new joiner celebrations, holiday/festival office celebration
- Organize and execute team outings activities, and other internal events, eg: annual meeting, internal talk, training; build and own a calendar of events
- Work along with finance team to track related payment records and ensure all related payments are paid on time
Responsibilities - People Operations
- Talent Coordination
- A trusted point of contact to all candidates, interviewers and the China Talent Team to organise interviews and will issue any required documentation needed throughout the hiring process.
- Candidate Care
- You will be the guardian of the candidate’s experience throughout the interview process at Improbable: from preparatory documents, travel arrangements, onsite hosting, to general advice on the locality and company. We expect you to thrive to try to add value in all possible areas and bring new ideas to the table.
- HR Operations
- Work with People team to support employee-related processes, including new-joiner orientation, our onboarding programme, learning and development, and other ad-hoc related tasks.
- Employee experience
- From onboarding all the way to the end of employe cycle, drive projects to improve our employees working experience and connection with company culture
- Work with our global mobility team based in London to support travel, visas, and residence permits both from overseas to China and from China to overseas.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.