At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways and our team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine we are now deploying on commercial job sites.
We need a skilled Office Manager who is passionate about employee experience to manage our HQ office and help build out our People function. We are looking for someone who is deeply curious and passionate about people, culture, and systemic efficiency. This position will be both in office, managing the day-to-day inner workings of our office during Covid, and remote, assisting our People team with building out company processes and procedures.
What You'll Do
- Manage all office operations including managing our service providers team, office ordering and inventory, and mail / package collection.
- Handle our facilities management, including proactively completing any necessary repairs, liaising with our landlord, and managing any vendors or contractors onsite.
- Manage the remakes of our demo room and organize trash hauls when needed.
- Work with our People team to foster remote company culture that blends with our in office company culture.
- Manage People Team calendar, running remote events to promote company culture during shelter in place and announcing employee anniversaries and birthdays.
- Assist the People Team, IT, and Facilities with new hire onboarding, including ordering swag and office badges.
- Work with the People Team to define and iterate on company policies and procedures, assisting with organization of virtual documentation.
Who You Are
- Extreme people person - you love making a great employment experience for those around you.
- Creative problem solver who thinks outside the box and won’t give up until a solution is found.
- Obsessive organizer who likes to create systems from scratch.
- Excellent multitasker with strong prioritization skills.
- Skilled administrator who excels at managing vendor relationships.
- Independent worker who knows when to ask for support.
- Proficiency in Gmail, Slack, Zoom, Google Drive & Microsoft Office Suite.
What You'll Get
- Experience working at a growing start up where you can get hands on knowledge of how to grow a company.
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental.
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots.
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!