Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are in the process of obtaining our B Corp certification, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking an Office Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
As a key squad member, you’ll be responsible for the day to day management of both of Uplight’s Boulder offices. As the Office Manager you will be responsible for managing the relationship between property managers, facility maintenance teams, and other external vendors. You will ensure employees have what they need to be engaged and successful at both Boulder locations. In addition you will be the face of Uplight’s Boulder offices, welcoming and greeting guests, ensuring employees and guests have badges and ensuring the over security of the facilities.
What you get to do:
- Manage all internal and external vendor relationships
- Purchase groceries, supplies and other items for employees or the facilities as needed for both Boulder offices
- Maintain a professional and clean office environment at both locations
- Welcome and greet new employees, visitors and other guests
- Prioritize and quickly carry out office help requests throughout the day
- Oversee the office culture and assist with culture and engagement projects and events
- Facilities security management, including issuing employee and visitor badges, ensuring a safe and secure office environment
- Manage and schedule meetings as needed
- Provide occasional administrative assistance as needed
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- You are a passionate go-getter that believes no task is too small
- You enjoy hands on work that requires juggling multiple tasks at one time
- You are a master prioritizer, who is always up for exciting new challenges
- You are able to carry yourself with maturity and professionalism while getting your job done
- You enjoy taking care of others and make yourself approachable and available to employees
- You bring positive energy to the office and to those around you
- You are an expert communicator, written and verbal and you are comfortable on the phone
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with 3-5 years’ experience or have a similar combination of education and experience.
- You are able to travel between both Boulder office locations, sometimes multiple times per day
- You are able to work both at a desk and on your feet throughout the day, as well as lift a minimum of 10lbs comfortably
- If you have some experience assisting with clerical and accounting tasks such as expense reports
- If you have experience mentoring other team members
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink