BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, is seeking an experienced, hardworking, and adaptable individual to keep our LA offices running smoothly. The Office Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day office operations for our 5 offices and growing! Reporting to the Director of Real Estate &Facilities, this position will be tasked with keeping the offices running smoothly and ensuring that BuzzFeed employees and guests alike enjoy a top-notch office experience. From a visitor's first impression, to an employee's daily routine, we're proud of creating an exciting and well-run office environment.
The position is based in our Siren Studios office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of five LA offices.
- Organize and maintain the office on a daily basis including but not limited to ordering all office supplies, snacks, and lunches for staff.
- Schedule transportation and delivery items in between all LA locations.
- Manage a team of Office Coordinators at all office locations.
- Manage parking at all offices.
- Work directly with the Director of Real Estate & Facilities to execute all facility needs
- Work closely with the Studio, IT, HR, and Production teams to ensure smooth office operations
- Develop and implement new administrative systems when required.
- Point of contact for office wide communication.
- Manage all internal and external office moves.
- General handy work such as hanging artwork/pictures, moving furniture, unloading/lifting heavy boxes, putting small furniture items together, fixing broken desks and tables, changing light bulbs.
- Manage office floor plan & seating charts. Must be able to work with all managers and be able to anticipate needs for space.
- Management of expenses and vendor invoices over several web based portals and monitoring and approving team purchases.
- Serve as a direct contact for vendor relationships.
- Maintain the BuzzFeed culture and be the point of contact for employee office needs.
- Facilitate any ad hoc office requests.
- 5+ years of Office Management experience, ideally at a startup or production/film studio.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt in situations of frequently changing responsibilities and focus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter who identifies and improves the workings of the company in addition to responding to specific requests.
- Common sense, loyalty, and ability to motivate others.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and think quickly on your feet.
- Extroverted, efficient and adaptable.
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google calendar), PowerPoint, MS Word, basic Excel.
- Must be okay with traveling between offices on occasion.