Are you excited by the chance to use your interpersonal and communication skills to support our teams and make an impact in your day-to-day work? Can you use your sharp social skills to give Booking.com’s employees and partners a friendly, personal and positive experience every time? If so, you could be the hero we’re looking for! We currently are seeking an experienced Office Manager to join us in our Orlando Customer Service Center.
Who we are:
Booking.com is the planet’s #1 accommodation site. Booking.com’s diverse team, 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in New York City or at one of the over 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
As an Office Manager, you are responsible to manage the operational aspects of all the offices(s) in your area. Essential is aligning the support needs of each location with the capacity of the office support team (remote support as a fixed responsibility, mobile support between our offices or sometimes just as a back-up for an Office colleague).
The core tasks of the Office Manager are to set up, manage and ensure flawless and timely execution of all tasks, guidelines, processes, and contracts that ensure a fluently run office location(s), including their own operational tasks. Look constantly for improvements of processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency. The Office Manager is responsible as team leader to guarantee the flawless execution of all day-to-day activities and a consistent and transparent division of tasks is made.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Front Office Management
- Ensure there is a single point of contact regarding all reception and office matters and action all queries;
- Maintain Welcome Visitor’s Guide;
- Make sure an internal network is built with all colleagues to guarantee observance of all processes and guidelines;
- Build a positive rapport with colleagues to be able to take part ownership in a high energy, can-do business atmosphere in the office;
- Make sure all processes and tools are in place to:
- Welcome visitors; sign in procedure;
- Incoming telephone calls are answered in a timely manner;
- Building access fob/key are handed-out and its return is ensured;
- New Starter first day requirements are ready;
- Distribute and manage incoming and outgoing mail for business and employee’s private capacity, including arranging courier requests;
- Know and be able to act on Dawnraid Guidelines;
- Deal with possible public walk-ins / upset customers.
Finance, HR, Real Estate and IT Support
- Manage the Finance Procedure - ex: scanning invoices; reconciling credit card statements, attending to supplier queries; check for irregularities; escalate and solve problems;
- Manage formal and informal budgets around office expenses, events, travel, catering, etc.;
- Keep track and check service costs charges of building owner;
- Working knowledge of all Finance and IT processes and roles;
- Facilitate Helpdesk queries – raise Jira for phone problems, voicemail resets, IT issues;
- Make sure of timely coordination of facilities for all new starters including desk allocation, PC/laptop, phones, email accounts and office access;
- Coordinate with Site Manager and/or Real Estate Team in case of the opening of seasonal offices, refurbishments or office moves;
- Network and establish relations with colleagues and other departments;
Day to Day – Smooth running of office/s
- Manage the team by dividing tasks and responsibilities in a transparent and consistent manner that guarantees the best support to the location(s);
- Make sure presence and absence is well coordinated to ensure uninterrupted support to the location;
- Develop a professional relationship with all team leader and management roles to ensure support is up to the needed level and pro-activity to expected changes is facilitated;
- Ensure you play an active part in the global Office Management community by sharing best practices, actively participate in GOM meetings and trainings, assist in the OM Buddy system and support the GOM back-up schedule;
- Manage the entire mail flow of requests, including to dedicated Reception Inbox or personal inboxes;
- Decide on vendors, negotiate contracts and price agreements for ordering office supplies and consumables and manage stock control;
- Decide on vendors, negotiate contracts and price agreements for printing materials and local promotional items, business cards;
- Ensure compliance with the company promotional items guidelines;
- Decide on a caterer, negotiate contracts and pricing for the employee lunch solution and ad-hoc lunches when required e.g. working lunches; external meetings;
- Develop and drive processes to ensure compliance with local regulations and Booking.com standard is maintained, including maintaining a working relationship with HR to ensure compliance;
- Decide on needs, choose vendors and negotiate contracts for topics like managing office cleaners to ensure canteen and tea points are kept tidy and fully stocked;
- Provide ad-hoc admin support such as scanning, laminating, printing and binding;
- Ensure your visibility and ownership of building matters (in and around the building) by walking the floor and inspect for health & safety issues, handyman works, printer stations are up to date, general housekeeping standards are in place; time management.
- Make sure employees are assisted with travel requests ex: car hire request; train booking; hotel booking;
- Ensure adherence to travel policy and expense policy guidelines;
- Responsible for escalation and compliance with internal processes.
- Manage global celebrations, ex: Friends and Family day, Summer party, ad-hoc record celebrations;
- In-house team meetings/trainings.
- Excellent skills in Google Suite and MS Office;
- Fluent in English;
- Good typing skills;
- Able to establish a well-functioning network of internal and external contacts to maintain the rhythm of the business;
- Availability to travel regularly;
- Solution driven;
- Service oriented / Hospitality;
- Organized, but adaptable;
- Good communicator and negotiator;
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma; Education in Administration, Organization and/or Hospitality preferred;
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of relevant work experience in a similar role;
- Previous work experience in hospitality, client services or other kinds of supporting function;
- Proven track record of coordination, execution and managing of complex internal processes; Proven track record of taking the responsibility of running an office, preferably in a dynamic and international environment.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US without restrictions