Rex is a billion-dollar technology, investment and operations company led by Executive Chairman Peter Rex. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are looking for a world-class Office Manager with the character, skill, and backbone to build the next great technology and investment ecosystem. You’re a highly organized person who thrives on creating amazing workspace experiences for yourself and your co-workers.
You’re passionate about maximizing our team’s productivity, so we can create new technologies that serve people and help them rise up and live abundantly. You have an extreme bias to action and have never been accused of being overly analytical. You’re smart enough to identify and forthright enough to cut through any BS, both upwards and laterally. You love to leverage new technology tools and automate work so we can leverage our human talent for creativity and judgment versus mind-numbing and soul-crushing busy work.
You will find a way or make one.
In year one you will:
- Provide a delightful experience for employees, guests, and vendors using our office space(s)
- Vendor management, order office supplies, food, beverages, and equipment for day-to-day use and for special events
- Maintain a functional and comfortable office space by ensuring cleanliness and overall organization of all areas of the office, including reception, conference rooms, kitchen, and general common areas
- Space planning
- Schedule candidate interviews and coordinate on-site visits
- Responsible for coordinating community-building team events (virtual and in-person)
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail, UPS and FedEx packages
- Prep and prime office and offsite locations for events, meetings, and socials
The ideal candidate has:
- 2 - 4 years of related work experience including work in facilities, office management and/or related functions and excited to learn new things.
- Experience with event planning and coordinating engagement activities
- Strong project/program management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with a variety of people and workplace systems and solutions including, GSuite Applications, Greenhouse (or similar Applicant Tracking System), Slack, and/or other work productivity software and tools.
- Outgoing, social personality that can easily and comfortably interact across the company
- A frugal mindset with strong business judgment that ensures all dollars are spent wisely and in service of making the team its most productive
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
Our compensation & benefits package is designed to reward long-term career growth. Your total compensation can and should grow as you progress with the company. We evaluate performance and provide direct feedback to all teammates throughout the year, and ensure that compensation matches the role and performance. In addition, we offer the following:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) options
- Unlimited PTO (Discretionary)