We are looking for the newest and nicest addition to our growing West Coast Finance team at our beautiful Venice Beach office.
The Operational Controller will report directly to the Managing Controller in Los Angeles. This is a position that operates between Sales/Business, Finance/Controlling and Production.
This is an exciting new role which will assist in maintaining oversight over existing operations, while also helping build out the capabilities of the regional team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze financial reports from Project Controlling and Billing. Assisting in overseeing day to day accounting operations, you gather various financial reports, which may include revenue, COS, taxes and performing thorough analysis to help determine the regions financial status.
- Assisting in quality control, you will aid in periodically performing audits on US financial operations. This will help you identify any areas for process improvements.
- You love to problem solve: any discrepancies in the revenue reports due to input errors, you will research and resolve.
- Cash reigns supreme, so you’ll be assisting in building out the cash flow forecasting for one of our largest sales regions, while providing analysis on cash operations.
- As part of your role, you will assist in providing oversight and guidance along with other Controllers to the rest of the finance department.
- You dream of financial modelling in your down time; whether bettering client financial overviews, general forecasting, operational oversight against regions....you don’t shy away from an opportunity to build something new.
We stand for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree level of thinking and working level at minimum
- Minimum of 6-8 years in a similar role/function required
- Prior experience in an Analytical role preferred
- Prior month/quarter/annual closing experience required
- Prior experience in advertising/media required
- Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, conditional formatting and data validation experience required
- Fluent in English, verbal and written; additional languages a bonus!
- Full knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Google Suite is a must
- Full knowledge of Exact Globe preferred or similar financial system
- Experience with GAAP a must, IFRS experience a bonus!
- Great attention to detail is key for this role
- Flexibility: No rigid nine-to-five mentality and able to switch between tasks at any moment
- Work experience at a global organization
- An informal and fun working environment at our lush Venice office (working remotely for now)
- A full time working schedule with flexible hours
- Appropriate compensation with a benefits package including health insurance and 401K
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.