We’re building a digital insurer which is affordable, instant and inclusive.
At Marshmallow, we use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers. We’re trying to build the largest, most technological insurance company of our generation, and we’ve got a long-way to go!
Currently, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, we are valued at over $300m and have raised $35m to date! We have also been named one of London’s best startups to work for in 2021, check out the article here.
We are a team of over 80, a 4.5* Trustpilot and are championed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify. Our operational teams work hard to ensure customers are happy, and prevent us from insuring fraudulent customers who increase the price for everyone else.
As our business grows, we know our processes and capabilities will need to scale with it. The Operations Analyst will work with the Head of Operations and other members of the operational teams to enable data-driven decision making by making relevant data more accessible, accurate and easily interpreted. In this role you can expect to heavily influence our roadmap for operational process and performance improvement. And we will be looking to you to contribute ideas and analysis to projects that will shape Marshmallow’s future growth and expansion.
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like here.
What you will achieve in your first 12 months at Marshmallow 🤔
- Building and iterating operational performance dashboards, taking responsibility for their accuracy and effectiveness in communicating team performance
- Developing a rich understanding of key operational processes, rules and frameworks, including Marshmallow’s fraud prevention and detection mechanisms and the tools used across the two operational teams (Customer Operations and Fraud)
- Analysing performance and proactively recommending and driving improvements to existing processes
- Modelling growth and playing a part in discussions about scaling initiatives
- Undertaking ad hoc analysis across the operational teams and reinforcing a data-driven approach to decision making
- Working with Marshmallow’s engineers, data scientists and analysts to consolidate, improve access to and structure operational data
- Liaising with key stakeholders across the business to ensure your work takes into account wider company initiatives and strategy
- You will be a point of contact for other teams in Marshmallow when they have questions about the operational teams’ performance
- You will be encouraged to contribute to company-wide discussions about the future of data / analytics in our business
Who you are 🙋
- You are curious and have a can do attitude
- You enjoy working in a high growth/ scaling environment
- You have a great eye for detail
- You can make decisions quickly
- You enjoy problem-solving and thinking analytically
- You are a quick learner and embrace change
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership
- You are organised and can be relied upon to get things done
Experiences that are essential 🎓
- A minimum of one year relevant experience in data analytics / operations process improvement
- A proven ability of using analytics tools to a high standard (Excel, Google Sheets, SQL etc). Experience using Python and visualisation tools (e.g. Looker) would be a bonus
- Experience compiling and organising disparate sources of data into value-adding formats
- A desire to develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of customer / fraud operations best practice, including processes, tools and knowledge of the wider industry
- 2.1 degree or higher
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Health insurance 🏥
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Learning and training 📚
- Equipment to do the job plus budget to help you set up working from home 🕑
- Our process consists of a phone interview, an assessment of your analytical skills, a conversation with the Head of Fraud, Head of Operations and one of the Founders
- Due to Covid we are mainly working from home and we have an office space in Farringdon. You will be sent the equipment you need for a good set-up at home
- We will let you know if we are going to invite you to interview or not. However, we are a small team so cannot provide feedback on your application