⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 70+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Operations Analyst to join our rapidly growing Operations Team in the UK!
In this role, you will have the great challenge of managing a crucial part of our logistics process starting from the pick-up locations of our clients’ art pieces all along to our crating centers, making sure the delivery process goes smoothly in order to make our clients happy.
This role involves planning and organizing the logistics chain, managing our suppliers all over the UK, maintaining close relationships with our crating centers, and keeping an eye on finding new suppliers. It also involves sending quotes and managing clients and updating our database. It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy and agile people who like challenges.
👍 What your team will look like
Your Team: more than 80 people from all over the world to work with you, and around 15 colleagues in the UK office. You will report to the Operations Team Lead - First Mile.
✏️ What you'll do
- Dispatch jobs to the right supplier based on client type, product typology and collection addresses
- Organise intra Europe shipments via both dedicated and groupage vans, and courier (e.g. DHL, Fedex)
- Follow each transport with dedicated reports, tools and a shared platform, to make sure our customers’ shipments go smoothly
- Ensure that suppliers respect our KPIs and internal processes and that they update our platforms appropriately
- Negotiate with our suppliers on budgets for jobs that fall outside our agreed rates
- Check the quality of the crates packed on a daily basis so that the delicate objects we transport do not get damaged
- Conduct weekly analyses on volumes and margins, and review supplier performance on an ongoing basis
- Suggest innovative ways to improve our processes across all teams
- Find new suppliers and on-board them into our network as our volumes grow
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Flexibility on remote work : when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Regular team buildings (escape games, afterwork drinks, Christmas/Summer parties...)
- 22 days of paid leave per year, on top of the 8 bank holidays
- 3% for your private pension scheme, from Day 1
- Health insurance, which kicks in 3 months after joining
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the London suburbs and working fully remotely with no access to an office (outside Covid-19 situation)
💪 Your profile
- You have a first experience in logistics and/or within the startup ecosystem
- You have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You have good analytical (excel) skills and are comfortable working with numbers
- You are fluent in English and you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on with a strong work ethic
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You are an excellent learner and desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- Ideally, you have worked with CRM systems and you have a willingness to learn even more
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with Talent Acquisition
- Video interviews with the Head of UK and someone from the Global Operations team
- Video interview with our Head of HR & one of our founders
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!