sweetgreen is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food. Founded by Nicolas Jammet, Jonathan Neman and Nathaniel Ru, the brand stands for a commitment to delicious, healthy food with a transparent supply chain.
Our vision is build healthier communities, starting with how they think about food. We’ve worked hard to build a company with passion and purpose - and we’re just getting started. As sweetgreen grows, we’re dedicated to working with the right people. We’ve built a family of 3000 hardworking individuals across 65+ stores who care about developing future leaders and live our core values daily.
About the role
sweetgreen is looking for a forward thinking, proactive and thoughtfully creative Operations Assistant to work alongside our founding members. The Operations Assistant will play an integral role in the support of day to day functions for the executive team and the wider business. They will represent Jon, Nic and Nate building relationships crucial to the success of the organization, whilst managing a variety of special projects for the executive team, some of which will have a huge organizational impact.
- Serves as liaison between the founders, executive team and external/internal business relationships.
- Represent the Founders of sweetgreen by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Develop relationships with key individuals in the sweetgreen offices to facilitate smooth communication between the founding members and staff
- Arranges travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas. Manage complex calendars with an understanding of business priorities
- Improves the quality of task results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes then implementing changes
- Enhance the founder’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports the administrative needs of the office (office access cards, parking management, supplies, vendor management, etc.)
- Prepare and submit founders expense reports. Maintaining executives’ files and provide backup support to other executives on a regular basis.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, and entrepreneurial
- Technically savvy and a strategic problem-solver
- Strong project management and planning abilities and decision making skills
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Business degree is highly preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion