Operations Design & Planning Manager, Banking & Financial Products
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Servicing team is responsible for designing, executing and managing operations for Banking and Financial Products.
Historically, Stripe has been known for making the acceptance of payments easy for developers. With Capital, Banking,, Corporate Card, and other products we have in the works, we’ve moved beyond payments and “up the stack” to help our users run their businesses more effectively. We’re building an exciting host of new financial products for our users — and we’re looking to build an operations team which supports this portfolio of products.
At Stripe, Operations Design and Planning Managers help to deliver innovative products for our customers. Product delivery and development is an extremely collaborative effort between operations, engineering, design, analytics, finance, legal, and customer-facing teams. In this role, you will be on a small but growing team working cross-functionally to bring new products to market and lay the groundwork for new business operations. You’ll be joining an experienced Product team with members who have a track record of successfully building large-scale businesses. You will be expected to grow quickly as we continue to launch and scale new products that will impact millions of customers around the world.
Build the operations strategy for one (or more) of our banking and card products
- Work closely with Engineering teams to ship functionality that makes complex banking operations like card disputes, banking transaction reversals, etc. happen seamlessly
- Design and scale end-to-end customer experiences for banking and card products that operate in a regulated environment
Own problems from end to end, managing complexity to scope product requests and support agent tooling
- Understand customer and support agent pain points
- Translate business needs into technical requirements
- Work with product engineers and support agents to debug technical issues
- Write procedures and processes for ease of execution and monitoring
- Partner with regulators and vendors such that our operations are in compliance with regulatory and partner needs
We’re looking for people who has:
- 7+ years of experience in standing up Consumer Banking and/or Card operations
- Experience developing products in consumer banking regulatory environment
- Nuts-and-bolts level of expertise in scoping requirements and workflows for a bank account and/or a credit/debit card
- Mix of strategic and operations experience ideally gained through a combination of management consulting and industry roles (Product Management, Technical Product Management, Product Operations), preferably at a FinTech in banking and card products
- Can drive creative solutions with cross-functional partners, especially in an engineering and product environment
- Enjoys solving complex and hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for articulating user challenges with precision
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience in SQL
- Basic programming ability (e.g. able to make API calls, understand Stripe’s API in the context of what our specialists need to answer users questions)