Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally, headquartered in Hong Kong. In today’s fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. To achieve our mission, we have built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform that offers extensive coverage across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies. Our platform enables businesses operating globally to transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency without the constraints of the current global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become one of Hong Kong’s fintech unicorns and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our innovation and scale have been further recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime.
Based in our Hong Kong office, and reporting to the Head of Operations, this newly created role will own the Hong Kong operations function to ensure our current and future customers have a seamless experience with Airwallex. This role will have oversight into several operations functions, including onboarding, payment operations and customer support. With our business continuing to expand globally and our Hong Kong and APAC client base scaling rapidly, the Operations Manager will have the opportunity to build and lead a team in a way that is scalable and efficient.
Through optimizing current operations processes and implementing new ones, the ultimate goal of this function is to ensure all rules and regulations are followed and that the end-user experience is seamless.
● Help build and manage the team and processes relating to customer support;
● Manage the daily operation and monitoring of AML/compliance programs;
● Work with the Compliance Manager to operationalize emerging regulatory and compliance requirements (such as KYC, AML, CTF) on a regular basis;
● Work with the product teams to promote our Operations product and excellence our operations affairs;
● Monitoring key compliance operations functions including transaction monitoring, KYC, and screening, well manage and improve the efficiency;
● Manage payment and treasury related operations across the APAC business;
● Help define key KPIs and build the appropriate reports to improve the customer experience while driving efficiency improvements;
● Hire and build a world-class operations team to support the ambitious growth targets.
● A natural leader - You have strong leadership skills that enable you to influence and motivate those around you
● A decision-maker - You are not afraid to call the shots in order to move forward
● A people person - building relationships with internal and external stakeholders comes easily to you
● Extremely curious - Your analytical skills are second to none and excel gets you excited
● Process Driven - You enjoy following and creating procedures to ensure an efficient and well-documented process
● A team player - But you enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working with a team
● A master prioritizer - You use your sound judgment to assess all of the tasks at hand and make the decision on the order in which you complete each task
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
● 7+ years relevant experience;
● People leadership experience required (experience managing people leads preferred);
● Experience working in a global environment is preferred;
● Experience in FinTech or start-up or fast-growing tech company experience is preferred;
● Experience in a consulting firm is preferred;
● Fluency in Mandarin and English.