Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Operations Manager, Germany will be responsible for working closely with the European management team and international working group to develop and execute on our German and broader European go-to-market strategy and grow the international business. This role reports into the Head of Operations for Germany, based in Berlin.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Support the Head of Operations of Coinbase Germany in ensuring the smooth running of the business, ensuring that CB Germany operates in full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Own and manage select outsourced services provided to and by other Coinbase group entities
- Help structure and manage local operations processes and projects needed to scale the business in Germany
- Own and manage financial and administrative processes of Coinbase Germany in close cooperation with the wider CB group (including the Finance function) and external service providers and banking partners
- Liaise closely with teams in London, Dublin and San Francisco to ensure smooth operation of the business
- Support broader go-to-market initiatives as needed to help drive the growth of the business in Germany and the broader Europe region
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Enjoys solving complex and difficult problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans and solutions
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Prior experience working in an international setting, within a multinational team
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
- Experience working in regulated financial services
- Fluency in German and English
Nice to haves:
- Deep subject matter expertise and experience in crypto and international expansion projects
- Experience with product, regulatory and Compliance requirements
- Advanced experience in project management, or Finance or business analytics
- Operational experience in tech/finance (e.g., large FinTech players, investment banks, retail banks)
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA