Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis tools for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software provides over 3.5 million coaches and athletes the insight they need to win.
We need a strong leader to manage our Hudl Assist Operations. Hudl Assist provides game breakdowns of team and player stats by professional analysts across multiple sports. As the Operations Manager for Hudl Assist, you’ll be responsible for annual demand planning, coordinating day-to-day operations, managing third-party service provider relationships, tracking metrics for Product teams and business owners, and partnering with Data Analytics to optimize processes.
Forecast current and future needs of the Assist business. You’ll build and communicate the demand forecast for sports analysts at any given point in the year based on sales projections and forecasts from our Business Development team.
Partner with third-party vendors and internal stakeholders globally. You’ll lead the charge in partnering with new third-party service providers, including the search for, identification of, and negotiation with new vendors. You’ll work with existing service providers to help them maximize output of their analysts while minimizing risk for Hudl. And, you’ll collaborate with Hudl’s own business development team, product team, and leadership.
- Implement scalable business processes for Hudl Assist operations. Hudl Assist has the potential to grow exponentially over the next two years. You’ll work with other business leaders to create scalable processes to support projected growth. Some processes might include: When, where, and how do we bring on new analysts? What are the logistics for training analysts globally? How will demand be tracked and communicated? Are there tools that the Assist team needs to manage and measure Assist Operations?
Manage Operations Analyst(s). Our current Operations Analyst focuses on day-to-day tracking and updates. You’ll work closely with the analyst to get updates about the current state of the business while you’re thinking six to twelve months ahead.
Be a part of the future of Hudl. You’ll join the Assist squad as we undertake a massive scaling in 2017 and beyond. We plan to launch betas for Soccer, Volleyball, and Lacrosse, doubling the number of games we tag in a year.
Experienced in demand planning and forecasting. You’ve created data models to forecast demand for goods or services, and used that to plan resources and other business needs.
Knowledgeable in queuing theory. You have experience in modeling, managing, and tracking a queue system.
A self starter. You have experience building scalable, repeatable processes in a quickly changing business environment. You’re not afraid to reach out to others to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- A problem solver. You prefer to be handed a big picture problem and asked to identify the solution. You’d never hesitate to bubble an issue up and out to those who can help you fix it.
A strong communicator. You’re comfortable communicating globally and interacting with leadership on a regular basis. You’ve have a track record of developing strong relationships with coworkers and vendors. You’ve proven your negotiation skills on more than one occasion.
- Treat you like an adult. We didn’t hire you to babysit you. Only you know when you need a break. Take vacation when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
- Feed you. Hudl provides daily lunches in our Lincoln and Omaha offices, and lunch once a week in our London and Boston offices.