WHO WE ARE
At Entrepreneur First (“EF”), we believe that a small number of exceptional people will have an extraordinary impact by creating the technology companies which shape the future in ways we cannot yet imagine. We also believe that for many of these individuals, entrepreneurship is not an obvious or entirely legible career path.
The companies built at EF are now worth over $10bn. They include Tractable
(a computer vision unicorn), Magic Pony Technology
(AI, acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m), Omnipresent
(future of work, valued at $700m after 2.5 years), Ochre Bio
(food delivery, raised Series A from a16z
after 6 months), Opply
(supply chain), Voltz
(DeFi), and many more.
EF is funded and backed
by some of the world's best founders and investors, including Patrick and John Collison (Stripe), Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn), Tom Blomfield (GoCardless and Monzo) and Demis Hassabis (Google Deepmind).We’re looking for the next generation of Talent Investors to join us, and enable the world’s most exceptional people to fulfil their potential.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to develop and manage a team that leads the operations for talent selection, program and company building processes that build the local platform of Entrepreneur First. Your responsibility will be end to end ownership on all standardised processes from first touchpoint with a candidate up until the coordination and organisation of our “Reveal” when we release our companies into the market and will work closely with local and global stakeholders to improve, identify and scale best practices.
The role is the heart of building a scalable and repeatable process to venture building at Entrepreneur First and is exposed to a large volume of external and internal stakeholders, like Talent Investment Teams, Product Operations and Insights and Legal teams. You’ll likely have ~3+ years of experience with a track record for killer operations, ideally with exposure to early stage company building.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Build and lead a team to develop and execute processes with operational excellence
At EF we focus on people with exceptional talent who are too early in their careers to have generated achievements that would make them obviously exceptional founders. You will be directly supporting these founders from top of funnel (Selection and Admission operations) to Investment Committee coordination to Incorporation and Reveal Events where we showcase our ventures to the global investor community
2. Manage and continuously improve the local Entrepreneur First Platform to a first-class venture building arena
You’ll do this by always being founder centric - meaning delivering exceptional customer experience at every step of the founder’s journey. With each site having a Platform team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate together to leverage best in class processes and continuously improve areas for attractiveness, effectiveness and efficiency
3. Deliver cross functional end to end management
You’ll work closely with our Talent Investor teams who will find and invest in exceptional individuals and along the way you will play a key role in facilitating the cultivation and company building throughout Talent, Programme and Fundraising. This is a role where you will have to wear multiple hats as you will help support founders in their journey.
4. Curate impactful and scalable events tailored to specific objectives
Whether it’s a community event where we’ve invited a large number of potential founders, or running Interview Day, to operationalizing an Investor Dinner to support our founders out to raise, you along with your team will lead all the run of show and operations.
WHO YOU ARE
* You thrive on building processes and executing them with operational excellence;
* You have incredible organisational skills and have the ability to juggle multiple projects at once with attention to detail;
* A customer-centric approach that shapes your thinking to ensure founders are always getting the best experience at EF. This passion translates into being always result oriented and thoughtful in your approach;
* Great communicator, great leader. This role requires you to work closely with cross functional partners and being a new US site, you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we run things;
* An analytical mindset and willingness to apply to day-to-day operations. You’ll need to have a great understanding of what’s working and what’s not and with it, being rooted in data and quantifiable hypotheses.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: You'll meet key representatives from our US and global leadership teams. More will be confirmed in our first contact with you.
- WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary and generous upside potential based on performance
- The opportunity to supercharge your learning by working with a diverse global team across Europe, Asia and North America
- Attractive holiday allowance
- Enhanced parental leave, plus broader leave policies. We care about our team and enabling the right balance between home and working life.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature, including but not limited to: discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.