Boxed is the easiest and modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxed’s app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, and pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant group of engineers, designers, marketers, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
Boxed is seeking an Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of distribution center and will work closely with our General Manager.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of warehouse, including: freight, returns, receiving, parcels and transfers.
- Lead and develop warehouse team to deliver unparalleled customer service.
- Manage daily plan to exceed expectations for productivity and accuracy.
- Maintain a clean, safe warehouse environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; while complying with legal regulations
- Work with outbound and inbound management team on planning/forecasting for upcoming marketing campaigns
- Create developmental programs to train leads on meeting standards and best practices
- Work with local agencies on staffing demand to meet order volume and SLA
- Coordinate with local transportation for scheduling of inbound and outbound shipments
- Minimum 2-3 years’ operations manager experience in scanner controlled distribution center.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of distribution center supervisor/manager experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ operations receiving and material handling experience.
- Experience multiple distribution functions: receiving, inspection, put-away, replenishment, stock management, picking, packing, shipping, returns management.
- Experience using a modern WMS system’s scanners, labels, screens, reports, controls and planning tools to manage the flow of product, activities and staff throughout the workday across multiple functions.
- Timely and effective verbal and email communications with staff and peers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, time management, multi-tasking, ability to perform under pressure.
- High level of shared responsibility for organizational results.
- Commitment to using well-defined processes to deliver results and develop people.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits