Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented and customer-focused Operations Scheduler/Planner to provide service and support for Ginkgo Bioworks and all associated companies. Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Operations, you'll play a crucial role in the efficient and effective delivery of projects and services to our team’s internal customers. We desire a team player who will effectively communicate and collaborate with Facilities Ops, Laboratory Ops, Project Management and EH&S team leads.
The Operations Scheduler/Planner is responsible for routine system data entry, including work orders, new equipment, equipment updates, maintenance tasks, new preventive maintenance plans, new preventive maintenance procedures, and other related information. Through the use of a computer-aided facility management software (CAFM), you will oversee, process and coordinate laboratory and facility work requests/project tasks.
- Maintain the computerized aided facility management system on a day-to-day basis, including: contacting vendors and scheduling service, coordinating service with end users, being the point of contact for technicians working on site, and processing all documentation with visit.
- Aid Operations team by providing technical support and training of CAFM system.
- Review and enter technical data into the CAFM as required.
- Work cross functionally with site groups and within Infrastructure Operations.
- Team (Project Management/Planning, Facility Operations, Lab Operations and EH&S) assisting with planning and executing projects/tasks.
- Perform project management support and duties as needed.
- Oversee timely execution and compliance for related PMs and assigned work orders, ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Prepare OKR and other CAFM related reports, such as audits, surveys and or performance metrics for Operations Management.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in facilities maintenance or relevant trade
- Experience with R&D laboratory environment
- Strong human relations skills in communications and personnel management
- Excellent computer skills in Smartsheets, MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and highly detail-oriented, exceeding the expectations of multiple organizations within Ginkgo
- Superb ability to understand goal-driven deliverables and shift priorities as needed
- Exceptional ability to self-evaluate work toward accuracy and completeness
- Strong time management, project management, and organizational skills
- High-level verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of CAFM/ticketing work order systems strongly preferred
- Comfort with laboratory equipment and service assessment desired, but not essential
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry and it needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with engineers from all walks of life. Making biology easier to engineer is a tough nut to crack – we can’t afford to leave any talent untapped.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.