Wintermute is a leading market maker of digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $1B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the best-in-class trading and technology professionalism coming from 70+ years of combined team’s expertise in traditional HFT companies like Optiver and 2) technology startup culture, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners.
Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supporting high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Wintermute is a proprietary trading business. We are a Series B highly profitable startup backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for an experienced options trader with proven track record at one of the top tier option market makers. At Wintermute, you will be responsible for building and growing option trading business right from the start. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, while also learning from experienced traders (many ex-Optiver)!
No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. You will act like an owner and your incentives will be completely aligned with those of the company!
Coding experience or some demonstrated ability to learn it very quickly is required.
Hard Skills Requirements
- 3+ years of option market making at one of the top tier firms in the space
- Strong Python/coding skills - you have 1-3 years of experience coding in Python, be that during work, study or personal project experience: we will test
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills: we will test
- Programming fundamentals (in any of C++, C#, Java, OOP) is a plus
- Strong interest and curiosity in blockchain, crypto and DeFi
- Have an owner mentality - you focus on ultimate result (short and long-term P&L for the company), focus on strategically growing the business for the future vs “cashing-in” fast
- Love problem solving, and love seeing your products work; you do whatever it takes to do what’s needed (trading, coding, analysing data, collaborating)
- Determined, ambitious yet humble and collaborative, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset versus work 9-to-5 “work to pay bills”; prepared to work non-standard working hours (since we are a high-growth startup operating in 24/7 crypto world)
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London office
- A unique opportunity to work on building own business within one of the fastest growing trading companies today
- A unique opportunity to join a high growth startup and one of the strongest and highest potential crypto startups based in Europe
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet startupy, collaborative, entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with sci-fi touch
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
- Aligned incentive structure: a significant part of your compensation is performance-based bonuses and equity; and the best thing - your contribution directly impacts the size of the pie and upside is unlimited
Tips for Successful Application
- Options market making experience is required for this role; if you like the job and the company but don't have relevant experience, apply for Algorithmic Trader role
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role, company and the space; this is not for someone who is just looking for "whichever shop pays higher salary/promises a bigger bonus"
- Do your research
- Be ready for technical interviews testing options market making knowledge, you experience/track record and coding skills
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!If you don't have an obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant (but note, we do require Python knowledge)