Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading provider of engineering services and integrated hardware solutions for a wide range of clients and industries. We employ advanced computer-aided engineering tools in the areas of optics, structural, thermal, and coupled analyses. We couple our engineering analysis capabilities with design, prototype, integration and test capabilities to create solutions for our clients that are of extraordinary value.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Design and develop opto-mechanical assemblies and sub-systems
- Design and build prototypes, create detailed drawings and instructions for production
- Perform risk and tolerance analysis and perform subsystem FMEA’s.
- Drive appropriate mechanical design elements by building a tolerance budget for each component.
- Responsible for technical documentation (Models, CAD drawings, Simulations, BOMs, etc.)
- Work closely with program manager and customer on technical requirements.
- Work on projects independently, and with a multi-disciplined team of engineers and technicians.
- Collaborates with project managers and others in the development of project plans, proposals and schedules.
- Travels to customer sites for meetings or engineering support
- Contributes to the overall success and quality of Quartus services
- Prepares PowerPoint slides for customer design reviews
- Experience with optical tests such as interferometers, beam profilers, and metrology.
- Understanding of optical concepts such as ray aberrations, waves, diffraction, interference, Gaussian propagation, laser, imaging, etc.
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE JOB?
Projects will vary, but your fascination with and appetite to conquer new challenges will be a constant. We hire resourceful individuals with a passion for learning and an ability to apply engineering principles and techniques to solve a variety of problems. Successful candidates will be positive team players committed to excellence with the ability to manage their own schedules and technical work product.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- BS and/or MS in Mechanical or similar Engineering field and/or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in:
- Optical system design and opto-mech packaging
- Design on electromechanical mechanisms and precision mechanics
- Precision motion control
- Heat transfer and design of thermal management solutions
- GD&T application per ASME Y14.5M
- Design using CAD/CAE software
- Familiarity with optical raytrace software (eg. Zemax, CodeV, etc.) is a plus
- Must be a US Person (U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident).
Quartus is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match.