Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role
The Order Management Analyst is part of the Revenue Accounting team supporting transactional activities for global order processing. This position works closely with Sales, Operations, and Legal in the processing of the Company’s orders, which primarily include Subscription Services, Cloud Services, Professional Services, and Training. The Order Management Analyst will be responsible for the organization, fulfillment, booking, and documentation of all transactions and ensuring compliance with all Company and business policies. In this role, you will be a key contributor in driving operational excellence for the Company.
This role reports to the Senior Order Management Analyst.
What you'll do
- Process and manage orders in Salesforce in accordance with executed contracts and ensuring successful integration into NetSuite for billing
- Validate order documents (contracts, purchase orders, approval docs etc.) for completeness and accuracy
- Drive business process improvements and initiatives; support best practice efforts in the Quote to Cash and Revenue processes
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed timely and efficiently and participate in UAT testing for system enhancements
- Work closely with Deal Desk and Sales to assist in reconfigurations and upgrade opportunities
- Maintain accuracy of transactions to ensure consistent integrity in financial reporting and conduct monthly reconciliations and other oversight/audit activity to monitor compliance with our revenue compliance booking requirements using Excel and SFDC
- Support increased workload and additional hours when required i.e. month-end/quarter-end periods
- Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve order issues and support ad-hoc assignments as required
What we're looking for
- 2+ years related experience, preferably in an Enterprise Software or SaaS environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; experience with large data sets preferred
- Previous experience in order management or sales operation role preferred
- Strong business acumen and understanding of sales process (forecasting, bookings, revenue)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.