Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks an overnight media analyst to provide traditional and digital media monitoring/analysis services to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The media analyst will use open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets, identify news stories most important to the client, and compile clips reports. Barbaricum will train media analysts on cutting-edge software tools to assist with research in both traditional and digital media. Media analysts will work independently to manage report production, including formatting, editing, and sending reports/alerts directly to NASA HQ Office of Communications
- BS/BA degree
- 2 years of relevant experience in a communications field, ideally performing similar duties
- Must have excellent open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets to identify those news articles most important to the client
- Must possess strong writing and editing skills to produce concise summaries of news topics with minimal formatting or grammar errors
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must have experience creating and delivering reports to high-level staff (C-suite, government leadership)
- Must be reliable and able to meet firm daily deadlines for product submission
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working overnight a plus
- Experience in media monitoring software tools a plus (Cision, Meltwater, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc)
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.