Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Paint Quality Engineer position to lead the day-to-day operations at our plant in Casa Grande, AZ.
- Create and manage Process Control Plans. PFMEA’s, ISO and auditing strategies based on risk assessments and data from the factory and field.
- ISO & Audit lead for Paint shop.
- Lead quality process improvements to drive product and process quality enhancements.
- Root cause and track quality defects.
- Build processes and gates that ensure quality standards are met, and create response procedures that immediately identify and correct the root cause of non-conformities.
- Develop effective business systems to ensure relevant quality data is captured and visualized.
- Monitor, report, and publish quality metrics, as well as presenting data and improvement planning to the factory leadership.
- Analyze data and collect field and factory feedback to identify improvement areas, including opportunities for specification changes designed to improve the customer experience.
- Take lead role in the Non-Conforming Material and Material Review Board processes.
- Facilitate supplier quality issues and partner with suppliers on corrective actions.
- Drive product design improvements back to Design Engineering and support DFMA activities for new and existing products.
- Perform completed vehicle audits and partner with issue owners on improvement activity.
- Assist with paint materials development and problem resolutions.
- Assist with painted part suppliers materials development and problem resolutions.
- Travel up to 25%, occasionally on short notice.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. BS in Engineering preferred and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated success in the quality field.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings, and an in-depth knowledge of quality standards and specifications.
- Excellent analytical abilities, technical writing ability, and comprehensive understanding of SPC, root cause analysis, GD&T, and control and inspection standards.
- Green Belt / Black Belt Preferred.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we’d love to have you join our team!
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.