Palmetto is a VC backed high growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental and vision coverage, and retirement plans. Our #1 Value is Customer Experience and we pride ourselves on over-delivering. To learn more about our services visit Palmetto.com.
Palmetto is a clean technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission is “Leading the world to a clean energy future.”
Palmetto is very proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Product Owner for our Palmetto App team is responsible for leading the implementation and adoption of proprietary, customer-facing applications that support subscriptions, homeowner self service, usage reporting, gamification, and central control of our products in one place for our customer. This position understands, defines, and prioritizes business and customer needs to deliver the best possible applications capable of enabling lean and efficient business practices.
This role will work with other members of the product team to describe the scope of the product/feature and how it should be implemented. Technical knowledge of the system, complex workflows, and web / mobile experience is required for gathering requirements and building suggested workable solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems and how they work including external services.
- Working with contractor design & development resources and/or internal resources, lead the team to quality and timely delivery of the value through iterative Product releases. This requires moving from the tactical [(writing functional requirements through User Stories and Acceptance Criteria as well as providing final validation and sign-off (UAT)] to the strategic (overall planning and proper allocation of team resources).
- Based on scoped requirements, work with the team to produce effort estimates which can be translated using historical data into realistic timetables and Product Roadmaps.
- Research current solutions in the marketplace within our industry that address similar problems, and also research solutions within other industry verticals that can be applied to the problem(s) we are trying to solve.
- Work with Support to understand the pain points of the customer and address them accordingly in the Product.
- Learn the business inside and out -- be the Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) for the Delivery Team. Use this knowledge of the business to build Products to solve internal and external problems.
- Write effective and clear User Stories and Feature/Epics including clear and thorough Acceptance Criteria for the development team and UX designers.
- Manage the Product Backlog effectively; exercise sound judgment on product-related decisions.
- Prepare reports, memos, and any other necessary documentation regarding the status, operation, and maintenance of the software (down to the ticket-level).
- Perform final user acceptance testing (UAT) to validate and sign-off of deliverables; you own the quality of the Product at the end of the day and must be accountable for what is delivered.
- Exercise ‘Extreme Ownership’ for this Product. Everything that happens under his Product’s umbrella, you are empowered and accountable for it.
- Focus on improving the ease of use for all Products for several different customer types, knowing that the audience will soon be broader and less familiar with solar and solar software platforms.
- 4+ years serving as a Product Owner for at least one proprietary software application working with systems such as IOS, Android, or Responsive Web Applications that work on Mobile.
- Ability to dig into the data using systems such as Salesforce, Zendesk, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Experience delivering software products through all stages of the Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC), specifically working in an Agile team environment in the software as a service (SaaS) market.
- Expert oral and written communication skills and the ability to write clear, concise, and detail Functional Requirements based on the business needs of a variety of different customers as well as train and present information to key stakeholders.
- Must be able to collaborate and work with various types of team members effectively across multiple cross-functional projects - managing dependencies is very important.
- Possesses an eagerness to empower as well as inspire commitment and a positive attitude in the team.
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills.
It’d be nice if you had …
- Experience in UX Design and Business Analysis.
- Experience with Mobile Applications (iOS, Android, and PWA).
- Experience working in Agile transformation and scaling.
- Knowledge of Lean strategies and process improvement.