Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Parcel Clerk is responsible for handling all packages that come into and leave Lucid’s Newark, CA Facility. Duties also include sorting and issuing incoming mail, well as logging and distributing the packages. To do the job effectively you will need to operate equipment such as pallet jacks, pallet riders, forklifts. To succeed, great attention to detail and technical savvy are required to operate tracking systems on iPads, computers, through email and internet research.
- Receive inbound packages
- Sorting mail
- Delivering mail
- Shipping outgoing mail and packages
- Entering data on a computer
- Lifting heavy packages
- Tracking supplies
- Ordering supplies
- Accept and incoming mail and then process, sort, and deliver it to the proper recipients.
- Maintain packaging supply inventories.
- Maintain 6S standards, organize and maintain the parcel cage as it becomes their domain.
- 2 years or more experience working in receiving and shipping or mailroom operations
- Forklift certification and/or ability to successfully complete forklift training
- Physical stamina – Without physical stamina, the Parcel Clerk will simply not be able to perform their job. This includes hours of walking, standing and lifting each day. Able to work long hours on one’s feet and perform physically demanding tasks. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Attention to detail – Because you are charged with keeping records of packages received, the Parcel Clerk must have great attention to detail. This will enable them to document the quantities of inbound products and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Communication skills – The Parcel Clerk communicates with internal customers, vendors and suppliers. Thus, they must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and may also benefit from conflict resolution skills.
- Organizational skills – Since they are responsible for reorganizing and securing the parcels after they’ve been received, it’s important that Parcel Clerk has excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills – Logging in new packages and recording pick up and delivery, writing emails and working on spreadsheets is a regular part of the job. Therefore, the Parcel Clerk must be an intermediate user of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- OK with shift work and possible off hours.
- Familiar with common warehouse tools and equipment
- Dependable and responsible
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working independently
- Makes safety a priority
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be forklift trained and certified within 30 days of hire.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.