This is a Part-Time (30 hours per week) opportunity for qualified applicants that have a passion for customer experience and commitment to resolving problems. Must live in the state of Iowa. This is a phone based role, working from home.
The days/hours we are hiring for right now: Mondays through Saturdays, 7am-10pm CST. We offer a set schedule of 25-35 hours a week, within this time frame. Opportunity to work additional hours will be made available.
Our mission is simple, we are changing the way people buy cars. We are the first 100% online car-buying experience, which means we have no sales team and no commission-based positions within our company. We are completely disrupting the auto industry by removing the painful process of the dealership experience and replacing it with a seamless and convenient online platform. Here at Carvana we are passionate about delivering exceptional service to every customer! After purchasing a vehicle online, the customer can choose to have that vehicle delivered straight to their doorstep, or if they live near one of our awesome vending machines they can pick it up there. One of our customer advocates will meet them with a BIG coin so they can experience our unique way of receiving their vehicle!
What you need to be successful in this remote role
- Quiet work environment with minimal interruptions/distractions
- High speed, hard wired Ethernet/broadband internet connection (5 mbps upload and 20 mbps download)
- You must have a cell phone in order to make/receive calls
- Ability to navigate Windows-based and web browser applications
- Flexibility and adaptability in scheduling highly preferred
- *A monthly reimbursement will be provided, for phone/internet expenses
- *Our complete tech package will be shipped to you, no need to use your own device!
What you’ll be doing
- Be the voice of Carvana. You will interact on the phone, receiving inbound calls coming from the customer at times, and also making outbound calls to the customer
- Guide the customer through vehicle financing terms and payment conditions, as needed
- Communicate with customers electronically using our chat/SMS technology
- Thoroughly working through financial casework, where accuracy and speed and paramount
- Review and verify sensitive materials such as vehicle titles, income documentation, and customer driver's licenses
- Partner with financial institutions when necessary, verifying funds available for purchase
- Collaborate with internal departments such as Titles/Registration, Technical Support, Financial Operations, and other key Carvana departments
- Demonstrating integrity in every situation, creating trusting relationships with customers, peers, and leaders
- Be forward-thinking in your customer interactions, anticipating their needs, and next steps
- Multitasking and prioritizing with the swiftness of a ninja
- Follow up on items…and follow up…and follow up again, just because you weren’t sure the first two times
- Zagging forward by identifying how we can improve and streamline our business processes.
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive by building a team with unique perspectives. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
What you should know
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required (BA degree preferred)
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- Strong learning agility; the ability and willingness to learn new things and then apply that learning to perform successfully in the role
- Have a sense of humor. Kinda serious about this one…
- Display critical thinking and ability to make appropriate judgment calls where needed
- Have a passion for the work we do and the impact we are making within our industry
- Have a heightened attention to detail, being able to anticipate the customer’s needs
- You are tech-savvy. You can navigate multiple systems, learn new tools, and effectively troubleshoot.
- Experience working from home highly preferred
It would be great if you also had
Empathy: You care that a customer's experience is one worthy of your own loved ones. You genuinely match your approach and response based on seeking to understand each customer. You put yourself in the customer's shoes and you take action to help.
Passion: You are the voice and champion of the Carvana experience and products we offer. You breed enthusiasm among your customers and peers. You always do the right thing!
Commitment: You build trust with each customer by providing transparency to a traditionally murky process. You’re eager to see the customer experience all the way through, persevering through roadblocks and following through on your commitments to the customer.
Anticipation: You have foresight; you know where the customer needs to go next, even before they do. You listen for context clues and identify what the customer may not know in order to lead them to the most effective next step, resolution or outcome.
Clarity: You are knowledgeable and accurate; skilled at translating the Carvana experience and complex ideas into relatable information for the customer. You use resources wisely and stay up to date on changes to policies and procedures.
Every Customer Matters: You show up, you're focused, and you act with a sense of urgency & purpose in each interaction.
What we’ll offer in return
Part-Time Hourly Position
- 20-30 hours/week during non-peak times and 30-40 hours/week during peak times, plus potential overtime opportunities
- Training is 30 hours/week for the first 4 weeks
- Technology equipment provided
- Work from home opportunity
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- A seat at one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.