At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content on any device.
We're a small 20-person team, which means that there will be plenty of opportunity to make a tremendous impact.
In this role as Office Manager, you will take on a range of office management, executive assistant and team culture responsibilities. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office and helping to keep Pocket employees happy and productive. You make sure our office runs like a well-oiled machine!
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, be a natural self-starter, thrive in a fast-paced startup, and have the ability to successfully multi-task.
This role is part-time and is based in downtown San Francisco.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of a 20-person and growing office, from ensuring everything is set-up and working properly, to welcoming visitors to our Pocket home.
- Responsible for keeping the office and kitchen clean, organized and presentable at all times.
- Serve as the point person for all things office-related. This includes responding to maintenance issues, ordering supplies, coordinating deliveries, sorting mail, managing food and beverage vendors and janitorial staff.
- Managing catered lunches, setup and cleanup; ad hoc food order and deliveries as requested.
- Ensure office is always stocked with necessary supplies and food/snacks/beverages.
- Work with hiring managers to set up new employees with equipment and supplies to ensure they have a smooth onboarding experience.
- Help organize office events, team trips and outings.
- Coordinate travel for remote employees/business travel, etc.
- Support our executive team with scheduling and meeting coordination.
What you already have:
- Workplace experience, ideally in an office manager, operations, administrative, or executive assistant role at a small company. 1-2 years experience is a plus.
- Hospitality and/or event planning experience is a plus.
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking, problem-solving and time-management skills. You can conquer a detailed to-do list with little supervision.
- Self-motivated, with a strong aptitude for staying focused in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills and an incredibly meticulous attention to detail.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility and dependability.
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate problems and decisions.
- The ability to handle information in a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Passionate about office operations, fostering a strong culture and creating great places to work.