At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
Plaid’s Partnership Account Executives represent the core “go to market” function of our Partnerships team. AEs assist in overall team strategy, prioritizing both general market verticals and specific partner opportunities to drive the most commercial value from our partners, be that through new sales leads, committed revenue, or new market/product opportunities. This particular AE will focus on one or more of the following verticals: Lending, Payments/Commerce, and Investments/Wealth.
AEs “own” the full-lifecycle partner relationship, from opportunity qualification, deal structuring (which is generally consultative and can be complex), negotiating economics, and the legal contracting process. Once a partnership is “closed,” the AE maintains a strong relationship with the partner and works closely with our enablement group to drive ongoing value from the relationship.
Successful partner AEs have a bend of “hunter” and “farmer” commercial skills -- they close deals effectively (with strong economic terms) but understand that maximizing partner value requires a long term investment in the relationship. Past experience in channel sales, account management, and other strategic commercial roles makes for a good team fit.
What excites you
- You enjoy negotiating complex deals with diverse objectives that include, but extend beyond, headline revenue
- You have a high degree of empathy for partners, and gravitate toward long-term rather than transactional business relationships
- You have the creativity, business instincts, and hustle to adapt to quickly evolving partner needs
- Joining one of the newer (and fastest-growing) teams at Plaid, and helping us take our partnerships program to the next level!
What excites us
- 6+ years experience in commercial partnerships, business development, or channel sales roles
- An ownership mentality -- you’ll “run through walls” to ensure our successful execution of our partnership strategy
- Ability to transition seamlessly between “macro” (i.e., prioritizing partners within an entire industry vertical) and “micro” (resolving a pain point for a specific partner)
- A team player who goes beyond meeting quota to proactively help with internal initiatives that make the whole team stronger
- Excellent relationship skills
- Consumer financial services and/or high-growth startup experience a strong plus
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]