What makes us Qlik
We’re motivated to help people make discoveries in data, share insights, make decisions and act with confidence. Making a difference, both in small and large ways, is our passion.
At the heart of Qlik is our Swedish soul, which guides everything from our culture and product design approach to our corporate social responsibility program. It’s what drives us to create a culture of innovation.
We believe data can change the world. And we believe people can, too
The Partner Organization
Qlik offers a fast paced, high-energy, innovative, global and team-oriented culture, with a flexible and exciting work environment, as well as plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual. As the Partner Sales Manager and team member of our rapidly growing international team, you will have significant impact on our company’s growth and success and you will be working with leading edge technology.
We focus on helping partners reach their full potential through strategic planning and execution to plan. Our mission is to inspire and empower our partners with simple tools that expedite the ability to gain the knowledge and skills needed to effectively position, demo, sell, implement and support Qlik solutions
How you will spend your time as our next Partner Account Manager in Shanghai, China
A Partner Account Manager (PAM) is responsible for driving revenue through assigned Partners. The PAM supports, motivates & drives partners to accelerate pipeline growth & quality, leading to increased Qlik revenue. They must exert control, visibility & influence over Partner pipeline & opportunities through demonstrating credibility, expertise & value. There will be a focus on opportunities in both the Enterprise & Commercial segments with incremental business primarily driven from the latter. Effective collaboration with regional/country sales to build strategy & execution plans is a core requirement of the role.
The role is responsible for every facet of the partner experience & relationship with Qlik including; building the partner eco-system & partner capabilities, generating demand & pipeline, supporting key partner sales cycles & ensuring customer success & business value to secure renewal & expansion. The PAM must provide guidance & structure to the Partner, overseeing effective enablement with the purpose of increasing the self-sufficiency of the partner. Robust, collaborative planning is necessary at both the macro (territory) & micro (partner) level & PAM must ensure that plans are effectively executed & reviewed. Individuals need to develop & expand relationships with key decision makers & demonstrate relevance & value.
When successfully executed, the PAM will be seen a highly valued & key business partner by the partner & an aspirational role for employees within Qlik.
- Attain quarterly & annual sales targets for Qlik solutions.
- Partner sales support on a limited number of strategic opportunities.
- Demonstrable control & influence over pipeline & key partner opportunities.
- Build a sustainable pipeline with Partners with identified goals & actions.
- Develop & execute collaborative Partner Business Plans to achieve mutual goals.
- Conduct QBRs to review performance & course correct as necessary.
- Provide visibility to partner pipeline.
- Support & participate in Qlik pipeline & opportunity management processes (QSMS).
- Collaborate with regional/country sales to build strategy & execution plan.
- Identify, develop & drive solution offerings for key vertical & horizontal solutions.
- Ensure partners support end customers success & value realization to secure renewal & expansion.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of partner’s value drivers, economics & business models.
- Establish, maintain & orchestrate the Executive/Owner relationship with partner.
- Cultivate & own relationships with the primary sales & technical leads in the Partner.
- Develop & execute partner education / enablement plan across Sales, Technology & Marketing.
- Ensure partner attains & maintains necessary certification level.
- Work with presales to identify & develop technical champions in partners.
- Initiate & conduct sales readiness training events.
- Responsibility for partner recruitment, onboarding & development.
- Own Qlik Partner Program alignment with partners. Understand & consistently communicate program structure & value proposition to drive program adoption.
- Responsible for the Partner enablement journey by being the coordinator of resources as well as an evangelist of Qlik solution portfolio
- Carry the overall responsibility for managing partner success across the assigned territory or set of partners in balancing revenue growth for Qlik and at the same time manage the predictability and profitability of the ecosystem
You will be successful if you are
- Knowledgeable with a broad range of core skills and competences. These include: Selling & Account Management, Strategic Planning, Complex Negotiation, Influencing, Relationship Building, Leadership, Resilience, Problem Solving, Cross Functional Collaboration & Leverage, Advanced Presentation, Communication, Creativity, Project Management, Coaching, Team Building, Finance
- Able to position, alternative Partner business and deployment models including on perpetual & subscription & on premise & cloud based offerings.
- With an understanding of managed service offerings and the associated business & deployment models & options.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- A Goal oriented personality and excellent work ethic
- Personal gravitas and impact.
- A Team player; adaptable & responsive.
You will thrive if you are
- 10-15 years of partner account management / partner development experience
- A track record operating at senior level within partner or customer organizations with demonstrable evidence of commercial success.
- Cross or multi-functional background with experience creating differentiated and successful channel business plans and relationships with partners.
- Proven experience in software (technology) solutions sales with, through and to Partners with enterprise application vendors.
- Ideally worked in different companies, market sectors or geographies
- Ability to influence functional groups to a shared vision.
- Ability to demonstrate repeated experience of creating strategic territory and partner business plans which have resulted in growth and achievement of revenues and goals
- Worked with solution selling methodologies for example CCS, and sales forecasting solutions for example Salesforce.com
- Worked successfully within a matrix management environment
- Worked within a high growth environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under a deadline
- Ideally worked within an environment of change therefore a flexible approach is key
- A degree education, preferably MBA or equivalent
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Shanghai, China. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.