Everything happens somewhere, so CARTO is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest and most powerful data mapping engine ever.
The amount of location based data is exploding and from the environment to healthcare and from transportation to retail, people around the world are using CARTO to bring their data to life. We have more than 200,000 loyal users and customers around the world, and we’ve received awesome reviews from key technology and startup media like Techcrunch, GigaOM, and TNW.
We’re looking for a Partner Manager for North America to lead our ever growing practice by working closely with our strong set of Business Partners, from resellers to system integrators and covering a range of vertical markets.
In this role, you will help our Business Partners use CARTO’s Editor and Platform to build new software and data products by providing them access to technical expertise, sales and marketing support, and other resources. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications for our CARTO Marketplace.
The ideal candidate will be based in the DC metro or Brooklyn, NY area. Travel may be required.
- Excite, enroll and onboard new Partners.
Create a clear, scalable multi-channel plan for the segmentation and nurturing of our existing Partner network.
Manage key partner relationships, including account management, delivery against contract terms and new channel revenue growth.
- Develop, implement, and drive sales plans to increase revenues from Partner sales, by working hand in hand with the Direct sales team and members of the executive team as required
Educate Partners on the value of CARTO to our community of users. You will need to move fast and exceed goals while ensuring lasting long-term relationships.
Work with legal, marketing, product and operations staff to execute against key distribution performance metrics.
- Be a strong advocate for Partners within the organization by promoting the value of this channel by delivering results
- Work with the executive team to create a world-class Partner program.
5+ years of experience in Sales, partnership management, and/or strategic deal teams, with a track record of exceeding revenue goals and driving successful programs. SaaS /PaaS / cloud based software sales experience is a big plus.
Extensive experience with partnership negotiations and technical acumen to define the joint strategy for the strategic initiatives.
A sharp, analytical mind, and a track record of building strong, functional relationships with clients. You are detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, plan, and execute the range of key activities.
A positive mindset. You’re a self-motivated, team player with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. You run quickly with little supervision.
- A data driven approach towards answering complex questions.
- Persistence in exploring and uncovering the business needs of key clients.
Top notch communication skills, with the ability to both directly convey the value of a CARTO partnership and to help our Partners in turn share the value of CARTO to their customers.
Excitement and willingness to travel. Experience doing business in multiple countries is a plus.
- Competitive, results based compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- 100% medical coverage.
- 22 days of vacation and 12 holidays.
- An opportunity to be visible in the mapping and tech communities. Last year >80% of our team spoke at conferences.
Most importantly, we offer the chance to help us build a wildly successful company that puts the power of mapping in everyone's hands.
Want to know more about us? Find more information at: