Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is looking for a proactive, organized, tech-savvy individual with excellent interpersonal skills for its Partner Project Manager position. This position will be a point of a contact for strategic relationships and will be responsible for planning and coordinating development that spans many branches of the Wolfram technology stack.
The Partner Project Manager will need to possess software-management abilities, strong organization and communications skills, the ability to establish and grow relationships with clients and the ability to interface with Wolfram’s technical and product development teams. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment and has an enthusiasm for new technologies.
- Preparing agendas for meetings and leading the meetings as needed
- Managing client relationships and building a strong rapport by quickly and effectively responding to questions, feedback and reported issues
- Proactively managing the execution of project plans for multiple projects
- Creating and maintaining roadmaps with input from project stakeholders
- Helping to create and maintain requirement lists
- Monitoring the status, risks and resources for the entire lifecycle of projects
- Identifying, conveying and tracking project milestones
- Collecting detailed notes for meetings with discussion details, decisions made, next steps and action items
- Monitoring performance and project metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics or a related technical or quantitative field
- Attention to detail and organization
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- High degree of initiative
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams (for example, User Experience, Design, Web, Technical Content, Quality Assurance, support and product development teams)
- Experience in software project management
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience in a business development role
- Experience in the technology industry
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.