A Partner Project Manager (PPM) works under the Partner Marketing department which manages a rapidly growing number of enterprise partners and online affiliates.
A PPM manages end-to-end delivery of complex partnership projects (e.g. API integrations, etc.) as a project and product manager, and works closely with partners as well as internal technical, operational, and business functions.
The role is also responsible for analyzing business and technical requirements from partners and select the best solutions based on variety of products that respond to business needs.
- Oversees a successful end-to-end delivery of complex partnership projects within the agreed scope and timeframe, manages stakeholder expectations and interdependencies
- Involves in planning, gathering and analyzing business and technical requirements as well as documenting key processes and best practices
- Interprets business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements, or vice versa
- Interacts with counterparts from partner organizations as a primary contact point, also works closely with the internal IT, Marketing and Business functions to resolve any issues during and after launch of projects
- Identify business needs and drive development of products/features, vision, and deals that can be experimented on to promote scale-ability
- The PPM is expected to develop a good understanding of the B2C and B2B online travel industry, as well as the associated business metrics, e.g., CPC, CPA, conversion rate, ROI, search-to-book, etc.
- Excellent English communication and inter-personal skills
- At least 5 years of experience working in a technical or business analysis role with a proven track record of business analysis / process improvement, web development project lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in E-commerce, Information Technology, or IT-related fields. MBA is a plus.
- Must possess a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, strong analytical, troubleshooting, and project/product management skills
- Clear articulation of Business and Functional requirements through technical documentation, architectural diagrams and users' requirement document
- Good understanding of web-related technologies, and the technical aspects of affiliate distribution models
- Hands-on knowledge of IT Project Management and successfully engaged in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Hands-on experience in XML API implementation, VB/Excel macros and HTML/CSS is a plus
- Team player mentality
- Professional "get it done" attitude and work ethic; moves fast
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Is creative and innovative
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Excellent communicator who expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner