Rackspace Technology is hiring a Partner Sales Manager to join our Strategic Alliance team for the Central region.
The Partner Sales Manager is responsible for driving incremental pipeline opportunities and improving win rates along with reducing churn rates for to alliance partners. This position will be central and pivotal to driving change and activating a proactive, purposeful, and predictable Go-to-Market across technical, product, sales, and marketing organization in an effort to grow Rackspace revenue through our most strategic partnerships.
This role may sit in San Antonio or another relevant U.S. location.
Responsibilities - What will you be doing?
- Owns alliance relationship and is responsible for growing and developing the alliance partnership
- Evaluate and establish co-welling agreements when possible
- Establish programmatic selling activities with Rackspace sales team and Alliance partner sales teams
- Establish and strengthen executive sales alignment by building joint strategic business plans with partners and programmatically drive towards key success metrics.
- Participate in regular interaction with Rackspace peers across other business units as well as executives and sales leadership on activities ranging from strategic go-to-market activities to managing quarterly business reviews.
- Interact with the partner’s customer base to ensure they are successful using our services and are properly enabled to identify and qualify Rackspace opportunities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of partner enablement activities, creating repeatable best practices and measurements of effectiveness.
- Create regional field alignment between RAX Commercial and Enterprise sales teams and Alliance sales teams
- Incorporate Tier 1 sales plays with Channel Partners
- Drive co-sell motion via territory mapping
- Conduct enablement of Alliance sellers (matrixed with Product)
- Drive incremental pipeline and opportunities
- Reduce direct churn rates to alliance partners
Requirements - Is this the job for you?
- To succeed in this role, you’ll need to display competencies in Leadership/Autonomy, Decision Making, Complexity, and Influence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Technology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- A minimum of 12+ years of progressive professional sales experience.
- Prefer sales accreditation or certification in Alliance platform experience.
- A track record of success in all facets of sales, lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, and closing.
- Proven sales and business development experience preferably within the ICT/Managed Service and Hosting arena (e.g. IT/software services, web/application/platform hosting, managed services, data center, SaaS, Cloud computing, Co-location, ISP)
- Documented success in maintaining revenue generating business relationships in a Partner Network Program.
- In Depth Knowledge and application of go-to-market strategy with external partners.
- Applies understanding of how the partner function relates to other areas in sales, marketing, support, operations, and finance to improve efficiency and effectiveness of own performance.
- Experience with managing relationships with disparate groups and creating working teams for key initiatives, working across functions to deliver programs and initiatives on-time and on budget.
Are you a Racker?
Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating.
They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do.
Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams.
As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers.
Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to come join the Racker family!
Why work at Rackspace Technology?
Find your fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions.
Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women.
Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow.
Make a difference. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give our time and talent to others.
Live life completely. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced life-style. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.