Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are searching for a motivated, creative and driven Partnerships Lead in our local market to create meaningful partnership opportunities for General Assembly. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with our local marketing and outcomes teams to seek out partnerships that provide value both for GA and for the partner, both in the near and short term. Ideally, you’ll have at least 3-5 years of strategic partnerships or BD experience in the local market and will be able to represent GA at its best in the community.
- Cultivate and manage partner relationships through the entire General Assembly student journey; this includes securing partners for local marketing events that help us reach new audiences, speakers for classes, workshops, and courses, and systematically expanding our network of employers who are interested in hiring GA grads
- Develop and maintain mastery in positioning GA’s program offerings to potential partners
- In partnership with the Regional Director and Global Partnerships team, develop and implement a prospecting strategy for growing our employer partner network
- Hand off any new partners to appropriate local marketing producer, local outcomes producer, or global teams depending on the partner’s priorities
- Engage key community members and businesses to function as participants in Classes/ Workshops/Events and Outcomes Programming (guest speakers, portfolio reviewers, field trip locations)
- Attend weekly updates/meetings with global Partnerships teams. Work in tandem with global teams to leverage partners for best GA opportunities.
- Vet new companies through phone calls and face to face meetings, escalating potential global partnership leads to global BD team for tracking.
- Networking: Identify key events (meetups, etc.) in the community and attending on behalf of GA. Attending Meet and Hire events.
- Help identify local perks that can be offered to graduates
- Responsible for submitting weekly specific reports regarding partnership pipeline & keeping CRM system up to date.
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- 3-5+ years in strategic partnerships, business development or marketing
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to negotiate to terms that make sense for both GA and our partners
- Ability to get things done in a fast paced, ever-changing environment to drive results