Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Payments Risk is the principal line of defense against ACH, card, and push payment fraud. We leverage automation, tooling, and eagle-eyed analysts to minimize loss, reversal, and dispute risk while reducing friction on good users.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Review high-risk transfers for potential fraudulent activity and accurately decision customer accounts escalated by Support, Payment Ops, and other teams
- Conduct investigations to determine root causes and extract insights which can be leveraged to inform product decisions or other data-guided solutions
- Analyze data to identify patterns and forecast payments risk trends
- Implement rules-based risk logic and create split tests for measuring our impact
- Build new metrics and monitoring systems for tracking program performance
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment that fosters efficient execution, innovation, automation and continuous improvement
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an analyst function (e.g. risk management, data analytics, trust & safety, etc.)
- Solid working Excel skills (Vlookups, pivots, macros, etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and observant - you have an eye for spotting clues!
- Solid judgment
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence platform
- Solid understanding of most payment method types (ACH, cards, faster payments, etc)
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; enjoy operating in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience in data analyses using SQL
- Working knowledge of blockchain analysis and cryptocurrency
- Working knowledge of Portable Format for Analytics (PFA) language