Ready to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry?
We are Emma – The Sleep Company. Created in 2013, we are now the world's largest D2C sleep brand, available in over 30 countries and recommended by many consumer associations in EMEA, APAC, and the Americas. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep and we want your help to pull it off.
We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We focus on how we approach problems, we chase growth, and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have an impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
What you'll do:
- Support legally required processes in close collaboration with authorities (e.g. tax provider)
- Support international tax assessments (supplementary tax payments and reimbursements)
- Provide support in international equity- and incentive-relevant statements and matters, ensure correct taxation, and build accruals accordingly
- You’ll be responsible for your own projects, such as supporting company audits and all other audits, both as a team and independently
- Initiate monthly salary payments in an accurate and timely manner
- Extract reports needed for payroll and other reports upon request
- Close collaboration with FRA e.g., account reconciliation, accruals
- Act as a SPOC and subject matter expert for employees, leaders and works council in Payroll related processes
- Assist in and contribute to cross country Payroll projects
- Keep Up to date in regard of legal changes
- Assess intercompany reimbursements and correct accounting for International Assignees
- Ensure correct taxation of gains (“geldwerter Vorteil”), company cars, etc.
Who we're looking for:
- You have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accountancy graduate or equivalent
- You show knowledge in Accounting Software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365
- You are fluent in English (German would be a plus)
- You have previous knowledge of global payroll processing;
- You have strong analytical, critical, and problem-solving skills
- You are highly keen on details, trustworthy, and always proactive
- You have the ability to remain calm even under stress
What we offer:
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
- The chance to work on exciting and challenging projects either independently or as part of a dedicated, international team.
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from day one — you'll create an impact with new, innovative ideas and help shape our company DNA.
- To work and learn from experts in diverse fields and get to know your team members at exciting company events.
Become an Emmie
Emma is transforming the world of sleep - and we want the highest-performing people to help us pull it off. We want you. But only if you're willing to go all in. Only if you're willing to question, disrupt, innovate, and create from the ground up.
We proudly celebrate diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Our aim is to get back to you in a couple of days, however, we are currently receiving a large number of applications and this might lead to a delay in the process. We will get back to you as soon as possible!