About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a Payroll Administrator to strengthen our payroll operations while keeping pace within one of the fastest-growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
- Process semi-monthly payrolls for all employees & prepare summaries for approval
- Facilitate payroll adjustments, pay rate changes, garnishments, bonuses, LOAs
- Complete payroll-related journal entries in accordance with month-end deadlines
- Prepare corresponding balance sheet reconciliations and research variances
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll requirements
- Handle all employee payroll inquiries timely, courteously, and accurately
- Participate in process designs that allow for scalability - HRIS workflows, et
- Ensure timely issuance of annual W-2's
- Registration of state and local payroll licensing
- Assist with external audits - year end, payroll, 401k
- Document policies and procedures and ensure employees follow guidelines accordingly
- Process stock-based compensation transactions
- Perform other ad hoc reporting requests from Finance, Retail and People Operations
We’re excited about you because…
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience in multi-state payroll administration
- Experience running payroll for 500+ employees - exempt and nonexempt employees
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now required
- Experience with Workday HRIS
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.