BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We are currently looking to add an experienced Payroll Administrator to our accounting team. This person will be responsible for managing domestic and international payroll system and processes, managing vendor relationships, assisting in the migration to new payroll platforms, and more. Reporting directly to the Payroll Manager, this role joins a small team and will be instrumental in the success of the team. Working on a such a small team but at a truly global scale is an exciting and dynamic opportunity for the right candidate!
The position is based in our New York office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Prepare and process multi-state US payroll for 1100 employees, both exempt and non-exempt
- Formulate and process International payrolls for 200 employees across multiple countries
- Track all changes, special payments, and deductions to ensure accuracy and proper processing across all channels
- Ensure internal and external policies and laws are continuously met
- Administer timekeeping system for all hourly employees, ensuring proper setup and appropriate approval processes
- Confirm all hours are uploaded properly to the correct system for payroll
- Certify best process for all payroll data to be moved from existing PEO system to new in-house payroll and HRIS system
- Coordinate efforts between US and International HR teams to allow for proper workflow and maintenance of employee data between payroll and HR
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll information to appropriate parties for processing
- Handle any incoming communications regarding filings, reports, surveys, audits, etc.
- Administer both the USA and International payroll inboxes to resolve discrepancies and handle any and all payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years of payroll administration experience
- Strong HRIS/HCM skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system. Workday and ADP a plus
- Familiarity with global payroll in the UK, Canada, Australia, Mexico and Brazil
- Excellent skills using MS Office and Google Apps products
- Outstanding communications skills and the ability to interact across all levels and functions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
To Apply For This Job:
- Include an update resume
- As attention to detail is paramount in this role, included a brief, informal cover letter addressed "Dear BuzzFeed NYC Recruiting Team." Candidates without this will not be considered.