Assists in maintaining and processing payroll records, employee inquiries, time off / vacation, and reconciliations for approximately 500 full-time and part-time AccuWeather employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director of Payroll to prepare and process payroll for approximately 500 full-time and part-time employees.
- Help maintain and review timecard database also used for payroll (ADP Workforce Now).
- Assist with maintaining salary spreadsheets used for payroll.
- Assist the Director of Payroll with timely and efficient communications to staff responding to payroll questions and issues
- Data entry into the ADP system
- Work directly with HR and the Director of Payroll on benefits administration issues.
- Help the Director of Payroll with timely compliance reporting (e.g. – 401k, payroll taxes, etc.)
- Monitor and maintain employee vacation and sick time accruals in the ADP system.
- Research and prepare outside requests for employment and salary verifications.
- File and maintain employee personnel files.
- File supporting documents from each payroll and tax filings.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Team to make sure we prepare monthly expense reimbursements timely.
- Work with the Accounting Team to help process international payrolls.
- Contribute to departmental and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Other duties may be assigned.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field is preferred
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word are required
- Experience with database management a plus
AcccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer