The Hut Group is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions and a disruptive business model. Our culture is fast-paced and risk-taking – we like to move twice as fast as any normal person thinks is reasonable. That’s how the company operates and it is part of the DNA that has led to our incredible growth. We architect, build and run our own bespoke software systems and our proprietary technology platform serves our market leading websites such as Lookfantastic and Myprotein to over 300 million shoppers globally.
This is an exciting and challenging role where you will be responsible for a wide range of activities. You will be working in a team processing a high-volume payroll from start to finish. Previous experience in processing a high-volume payroll’s and carrying out manual calculations is essential.
- Processing various pay frequency payrolls in accordance with overtime and absence policies for over 4000 UK employees.
- Team management, including team coaching and development
- Processing start to finish payroll including starters and leavers, statutory payments and deductions including SMP, SSP, SPP and Auto Enrolment.
- Keep up to date with legislative, regulatory requirements and ensure they are met
- Manage month and year end activities
- Responsible for P60 production, PAYE Settlement agreements, Pension reporting
- Develop and maintain payroll processes and procedures to drive efficiency
- Auditing of all changes to the payroll/HR system
- Carry out manual calculations of pay and can explain to employees their payslip in detail. You must have excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with queries via email and telephone.
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills in processing International payrolls. Inc US, Australia, Poland, Hong Kong
- Processing a weekly global expenses.
- Be up to date with HMRC Payroll legislation
- Experience mentoring or supervising staff
- Can adapt well to changes and updates within the business
- You must have Excellent Excel skills and knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extensive experience in a payroll function.
- Capable of working independently and/or with minimal guidance
- Highly numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme