We’re on a mission to help get everyone a job they love. Find the job you love here at Hired!
At Hired we believe we are entering a new era of work, where people are not looking for jobs — they are seeking opportunities. Focusing on in-demand technology roles, we intelligently match outstanding people to full-time and freelance opportunities at the world's most innovative companies. By taking the pain out of the job search, we help people build purpose-driven careers and businesses find the talent to fulfill their missions. Ultimately, we want to empower everyone to find and do their best work, from one opportunity to the next.
Hired is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in cities across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, and plans to expand into new geographies, industries and job categories. For more information, news and tips for candidates and employers, visit Hired’s blog.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Payroll Manager will own global payroll processing, administer benefit plans, assist with relevant accounting functions for the Hired team worldwide. The ideal candidate has a strong Payroll background, is seeking a challenging role with a variety of job responsibilities, and an opportunity to provide excellent customer service to an international team. The Payroll Manager will report to the Vice President of Finance.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of multi-state payroll using ADP Workforce Now, ensuring compliance with various state and local tax reporting requirements
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of international payroll using both ADP and third party services, ensuring compliance with various national and local tax reporting requirements
- Identify and enter into contract with an international payroll vendor, and manage international payroll transition from outsourced third-party provider to in-house management
- Own the payroll systems, including ADP and working with outsourced payroll providers outside of the US
- Maintain accurate employee data and track employee mobility
- Calculate and track vacation and sick leave accruals where appropriate including overtime and and withholding status
- Responsible for the preparation and recording of payroll journal entries, accruals and GL accounts reconciliations
- Provide prompt, friendly and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, or the payroll process
- Report on and process benefit program deductions including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, optional life insurance, commuter, FSA, and 401(k)
- Coordinate and assist with census, audit, and other reporting requests
- Help administer benefit plans and assist with new hire onboarding; respond to employee questions, and investigate and resolve issues
- Perform special projects or other duties as requested
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or a related field
- At least 5 years work experience in a Payroll / Accounting role
- Previous experience managing multi-state payroll using ADP, preferably Workforce Now
- International payroll experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and accounting systems
- Knowledge of principles and practices of benefit administration and basic wage and hour laws
- Exemplary organization and attention to detail required
- Ability to independently ascertain the need for and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) a plus!
- Experience with Netsuite a big plus!
- Start-up experience a big plus!
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Open vacation & sick time
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Gym reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Weekly educational classes & catered lunch
We believe that when we can bring our whole selves to work on a day to day basis when we become happier, more comfortable, more confident and more excited to do great things for our company, each other, our product and our users. Hired aims to both build an internal team as well as help our clients build their teams with talent from all different backgrounds and lifestyles.
At Hired we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.