The Hoxton, Florence
Ciao Florence! Numero Due for The Hoxton in Italy.
The Hoxton is getting ready to open its doors in Florence, capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and home to some of the world’s most famous masterpieces of Renaissance art, architecture and monuments. This eye-candy city is packed with culture and is the birthplace of gelato – we did not need any persuading to make it our second home in the country.
The Hoxton in Florence will feature 145 beautiful bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and courtyard. There is also a basement meeting and events space.
We are now looking for a People and Culture Manager to join our team and play a critical role in successfully launching our hotel, restaurants and bars.
Reporting to the General Manager and with a dotted line to the VP of People & Culture you will be responsible for curating all things related to the team.
What you’ll do…
- Be a true partner to the business for anything that relates to looking after their teams, providing advice & guidance.
- Implement and manage our policies, processes, and procedures, ensuring we are compliant with local employment law in all areas.
- Position our brand as an employer of choice through effective recruitment strategies that attract talent and build a talent pool for effective succession planning within the business.
- Work with heads of department on putting in place development opportunities & paths for the team, with input from our Director of L&D.
- Keep the culture of the hotel alive by embedding The Hoxton values, promoting a fair, safe and inclusive environment and leading initiatives that engage and empower the team.
- Drive our talent review process from coffee chats, annual reviews through to talent and career management.
- Lead activities under “Do More”, our global initiative to work with local charities & community projects in the cities we call home.
- Support managers on employee relations and performance management cases.
- Work with the central team on European/Global projects and rollouts. We want to hear your ideas and get your input on how to design effective initiatives and deliver innovative solutions.
What we’re looking for…
- You'll come with 2+ years’ experience across all aspects of Human Resources within the hospitality industry.
- If you’ve previously opened a hotel that’s a big plus; you’ll need to be comfortable recruiting high volume.
- You’re passionate about bringing out the best in other people and are full of ideas you want to try in achieving that goal.
- Experience dealing with legal and performance issues.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you, no clones in suits here.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You’re not precious; we leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to head up our People function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Florence
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!).
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.