We are looking for a People Business Partner to join the team and support the Product, Tech, and Marketing Organizations. In this role, you will partner with company executives, managers and employees to provide guidance and coaching on topics ranging from talent management and development, compensation, employee relations, and organizational effectiveness.
This role is both a strategic and hands on role, and will have the ability to impact a growing and evolving business. We are seeking an experienced Sr. Business Partner who can effectively interact with business leaders at all levels through demonstrating excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, and navigation between competing priorities. This role will be part of the small but mighty People team and will report to the Chief People Officer.
What you’ll do
- Partner with leadership to understand business needs/objectives, develop strategies and implement solutions to address needs.
- Review and analyze people metrics to identify trends, and anticipate needs, and proactively suggest solutions to improve organizational effectiveness, retention, and satisfaction.
- Facilitate Company People processes across the employee lifecycle including performance management, onboarding, compensation, terminations.
- Oversee and manage complex employee-relations issues while simultaneously coaching the relevant managers on management best practices.
- Serve as an advisor for employees and managers alike on company policies, performance, culture, and career development.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements, internal and external related to the day-to-day management of employees within the business, reducing legal risks, guaranteeing regulatory compliance, and most importantly enabling employee satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborate with other People Team members to provide a seamless experience across talent acquisition, payroll and benefits, compensation, and all other matters.
- Continuously improve our People team processes, and get involved in other activities as agreed to, in collaboration with the team.
What you’ll bring
- 6-8 years of business partner or similar experience advising clients on all types of people related matters. at a fast-moving, demanding workplace. Experience in an ambiguous, lean environment (like a start-up) is a significant differentiator.
- Superb executive-level communication skills, especially in writing and listening. Writes persuasively and credibly. Proactively keeps people up-to-date. A cover letter is required for this application.
- Credibility as someone people gravitate to for counsel and support. Is approachable, relatable, and deeply trustworthy. Has strong judgment, diplomacy, and empathy. Impenetrable confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategy and goals into optimal processes that are scalable and adaptable to unique and changing business needs. Our success relies on the contributions of others, but ultimately, it’s up to us to make things happen. No detail is too small, and the work isn’t over until it’s done.
- Ability to be both a do-er AND a strategizer. Highly efficient, able to prioritize and tackle the most meaningful issues, and to project manage oneself. Proposes well-researched ideas, including building a fully thought-through plan.
- Strong analytical skills. Be comfortable translating metrics and data into people strategy.
- A strong track record of intellectual curiosity coupled with innate intelligence, initiative-taking, and independence of thought and delivery. Examples of this can include a Masters degree in a competitive (and relevant) program; success at companies known for high standards; etc.
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.