Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors in the world and is rapidly expanding across the country.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the role:
We are seeking HR professionals to join our People team who will be embedded in and closely supporting one of our functional teams. You’ll be responsible for all of the functions of an HR generalist supporting your associated team, with the following ongoing outcomes:
- Make Capsule the most indelible career experience for teammates in your organization
- Partner with the organization’s leader and team across the entire talent lifecycle - talent planning, role scoping, recruiting, onboarding, training and mentorship, ongoing coaching and feedback, calibration and compensation, and off-boarding. Critically, your role will be to enable the organization and its leader to accomplish their objectives with greater confidence and consistency and pursue even more ambitious goals
- Partner with the organization’s leader and managers and to help them anticipate the future as it relates to talent
- Be the go-to trusted resource for the leaders and employees in your organizations as it relates to their relationship with the organization, and the people within it.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the full range of day-to-day HR responsibilities for one of Capsule’s functional organizations and provide day-to-day support and coaching for all of that team’s members to do their best work
- Partner with your colleagues on the People team to build and implement company-wide HR policies, procedures, and practices, such as talent planning, performance management, training, retention, succession planning, and organizational change
- Collect and analyze data relevant to your business team to identify trends and accomplish ambitious business outcomes
- Embed with your functional team to build trusting relationships with the leaders, managers, and teammates through a deep understanding of their business needs and objectives
- You are driven to be a great thought partner and forge long-lasting relationships with your teammates
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for those seeking to get better
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer for the team vs. always having the right answer
- You are an experienced HR professional, but also have a broader view of how the People function can drive better outcomes for the team, the company, and the customers who depend on us
- You have 5+ years of experience in the People function, preferably as a business partner in a similar role
- Strong empathy and good business judgment
- A knack for building strong relationships with your teammates and across functional teams
- Strong organizational skills, an eye for detail, and the desire to get in the weeds to get things done
- Resilience to change and the ability to roll with a frequently changing, fast-paced, environment
- Strongly preferred: an advanced degree in behavioral science or another relevant field
- For remote employees - a record of accomplishments in a remote role or otherwise some sense of your ability to operate effectively without being at the home office
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.