Starting immediately, we are looking for a Business Partner for a fixed-term contract up to the end of June 2022.
Suitable for a Junior BP or a Senior HR Advisor, the Business Partner at Kobalt Music will report to the Senior People & Culture Business Partner UK & Rest of World, supporting circa 250 employees across the UK and Rest of World business where you will partner with leadership teams across Music, Engineering, Product & Shared Services.
The People & Culture department is made up of Business Partners (known internally as P&C Managers), Compensation & Benefits and Internal Recruitment.
WHAT DOES A PEOPLE & CULTURE BUSINESS PARTNER AT KOBALT DO?
- Partner with leadership teams on people & culture and change management initiatives
- Promote and engage in well-being and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Manage all employee relation cases from initial advice through to completion, ensuring manager’s act in line with best practice
Working in collaboration with the recruitment team to support recruitment of roles for Music, Shared Services & Technology departments (when necessary) as well as branding events
Support the Senior P&C Business Partner with creating, coordinating and facilitating workshops
- Lead on projects that enhance Kobalt’s culture. Including, but not limited to Employee Resource Group activity i.e Wellbeing/Social/Charity
- Continuously listen to team members, via drop ins, listening groups and anecdotal feedback, providing updates to Senior P&C Partner, advising of any risks
- Support the roll-out of other People & Culture initiatives including performance management, objective setting, and management development programs
- Ensure the HRIS data is up to date and changes are communicated to the P&C Coordinator
- Use data and insights to influence and support business decisions and changes
- Cadence of data reporting on People Operations including headcount, attritions, diversity, ER, absence using data & insights to make suggestions to influence and support wider P&C decision making
- Research projects for Senior P&C Partner and wider team
- Immigration Process Management
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Business Understanding:
- Used to working in a fast paced HR department with stakeholders across multiple business units
- Business Partnering:
- Mid level stakeholder management
- Using metrics / data to advise and influence
- Change Management / ER
- Support staff going through change
- Strong handling of managing complex ER cases
- HR knowledge
- Broad generalist understanding and exposure to the following would be advantageous: recruitment, learning and development, performance management and data & analytics
- Ideally CIPD qualified
- Business savvy and analytical
- Can manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills
- A self-starter who has a problem-solving mindset with a flexible and proactive attitude
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.