Luma is an oscar-nominated creative studio that encompasses visual effects, original content, and venture capital with offices in Santa Monica and Melbourne. Our visual effects studio grants filmmakers access to award-winning artists, avant-garde technology, and custom tools to bring their extraordinary vision to life. We're a worldly bunch who believe the best way to create standout work is to have a whole lotta fun doing it. It all comes down to the people who make Luma Life what it’s all about—creating exceptional work with exceptional people.
We’re on the lookout for an incredible People & Culture Manager to join our Vancouver team. Drop us a line if you’re a champion at masterminding strategies to transform ideas into action items and love working with your team every step of the way. As the P&C Manager, your mission is to plan and execute projects that fall under the People & Culture team with a fun-loving and open-minded attitude. Some of these areas will include HR policies, performance evaluations, and onboarding. You'll collaborate closely with our LA studio and report directly to Jamy, our VP / Head of People & Culture.
In short, what are we looking for? Less corporate. More heart.
- People & culture first approach
- Genuine interest in people and their journey at Luma
- Ambition to create a positive, culture driven work environment for all
- Openness to new ideas and strategies
- Standout ability to work well with others
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal & communication skills
- Stellar project management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Applicable experience in HR and Culture
- Understanding of HR policies, procedures
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations relating to HR practices
- Experience with HRIS and/or Payroll systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Bonus: Experience in a People & Culture role
- Bonus: Masters or a BA/BS in a related field
- Bonus: Experience in a creative or tech industry