At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 74 million registered users and 135,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 198 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 500,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an exceptional People & Culture (P&C) Manager to join the Canadian team at Too Good To Go in Toronto.
Reporting to the Associate Director, P&C North America, you will play a key role in our growing US business. Together with a North American P&C team, you will help develop an engaged, performance-driven organization as we prepare for scale.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the Associate Director, P&C North America to execute on annual, quarterly, and monthly P&C team strategy and OKRs
- Directly manage a P&C Coordinator, ensuring they have clarity on individual responsibilities while supporting their growth & development
- Business partner with senior leaders in key functional departments to build strong teams and drive performance & accountability - includes workforce planning, talent retention, performance management, and coaching on employee issues
- Ensure compliance with employment legislation in regions in North America in which we operate, including overseeing payroll administration and updating local employee handbooks
- Cultivate an inclusive and engaging work environment, in line with company values and in service of our business objectives
- Ensure smooth operating processes for basic HR admin activities aligned with the global organization
- Liaise with global P&C team to deliver global programs and initiatives at a local level
- Relevant experience in a mid-senior HR-related role across the whole employee life cycle, ideally in a scale-up organization
- Experience in people management and a proven ability to create high-performing, value-focused teams
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization; ability to provide clear, consistent messaging; full professional proficiency in English
- Commercial mindset: you bring solutions and creativity to solve people problems, always considering the needs of the business and exercising strong judgement and risk analysis abilities
- Relationship-building and influencing skills to effectively partner and collaborate with leaders (within North America & at the global level)
- Highly organized with strong follow-through and an ability to bring structure and clarity to complex situations
- Experience in (and preference for) dynamic, fast-moving environments. You can sustain a high-level of output and can proactively navigate change
- Ambitious leader who thinks “best in class”, believes in the team and the organization’s potential, and sets challenging but achievable goals
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care.
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices or at home.
- Comprehensive benefits plans
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English. We do our best to reply to all applications within a few weeks of receiving them, however due to high volumes of applications it can sometimes take longer.
Your interest in working at Too Good To Go is appreciated and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch with you as soon as possible. We look forward to reading your application!
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.