At Modal, we build the future of auto commerce for the world's largest auto brands and retailers. Modal's team is full of technology leaders from places like Google, Facebook, Tesla, Paypal, Accenture, and Modal is backed by notable investors like Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Khosla Ventures, and Ally Financial. To quote Peter Thiel, Modal is a "complex coordination" of many different technologies, driving billions of dollars in transaction volume every year.
Due to rapid growth, Modal is hiring an experienced People Operations Associate. In this position, the successful candidate will deliver a phenomenal employee experience, manage systems and tools, execute business administration activities, support our recruiting operations & provide support to the team.
- Champion all aspects of the employee experience, including onboarding, offboarding, training, retention, engagement, and support
- Support seamless people operations by managing systems and tools, ensuring accuracy of information across platforms, and supporting logistics and system changes for employee transitions (new hires, promotions, offboarding)
- Manage benefits administration and open enrollment process
- Create or update written documentation and resources, including policies, processes, learning materials, and internal company wiki
- Execute business administration activities as needed
- Support other people operations initiatives as relevant
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience in an administrative, operations, human resources, office manager or similar role
- High level of integrity and demonstrated ability to work with sensitive, confidential data
- Ability to proactively build strong relationships and trust with all levels of employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extremely personable and approachable with a strong emotional intelligence
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Modal provides the highest level and quality of medical, dental, and vision benefits available, which is generally a Platinum level PPO. Modal offers many other benefits and perks, including: a $200 monthly fitness stipend, remote work, generous vacation, paid parental leave, company retreats and team outings, and professional development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.