People Operations Partner
Why You Want This Job
The People Operations Business Partner role (reporting to a senior business partner) is the backbone to 1-800 CONTACTS’ successful business units. You will be in a unique position to not only influence the success of the department in all People related areas but also to shape the feel and culture of the department to truly make it an environment where people love coming to work.
Things You’ll Do
The People Operations Business Partner focuses less on compliance and administration (day to day tasks) and more on overall trends and strategy for the business (big picture). They ensure the strategy within the people department aligns with the strategy of the organization. They make sure the business can run smoothly and efficiently without too much bureaucracy. They work as a consultant, with the business, to evaluate and manage risk within the organization.
- Provides support for the planning, development, and implementation of effective resource strategies and policies including but not limited to staffing plans, succession planning, skill gap analysis, budgeting etc.
- Assists Senior Management in supporting short and long-term objectives, goals, and strategies to help build company and department culture as well as foster tenure and productivity. (e.g. learning plans, development plans, 360 feedback, reporting, etc.).
- Collaborate with Business Partner team on consistent level of service and support as needed.
- Ensures effective administration of the Company’s compensation, benefits, and incentive programs. Provides recommendations to Senior Management that ensure appropriate service delivery and effective cost management.
- Provides advice and interpretation regarding People Department policies as they relate to individuals and to company objectives.
- Ensures designated department has learning needs met within budget and within corporate direction.
- 3 to 5 years leading a business unit or managing people.
- Experience consulting/advising senior leaders within an organization to drive strategic vision.
- Alignment with the compensation range for this role, posted below.
- Navigate cross departmental boundaries easily
- Deal with ambiguity and make decision based on my own knowledge and understanding quickly & easily
- Communicate directly and concisely in all modalities
- Influence Sr. Management without using direct authority or relying on policy.
- Always maintain confidentiality and act with integrity
- Establish relationships of trust across department boundaries
- Approaching HR from a customer focused paradigm rather than driven by policy.
- The challenge of dealing with projects that have a tight budget and timeline.
- A fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Owning and being accountable for the results of my work.
Here are some important details about this role. Please do not skip over these items before applying.
Work Location: Hybrid
it is required that you will work a varying amount of time per week (2-3 days) in our Distribution Center facility in Charlotte, located North of the city, at 7224 Statesville Road (map). The other time, you will work remotely with the intention to be able to work on projects for the greater people operations organization. Some occasional travel may be required, but not on a regular basis.
No relocation is currently provided for this position. Candidates not physically in the Charlotte region will not be considered for the process.
Compensation: $70-$80k base pay
This is the base-pay amount plus additional total compensation elements such as bonuses and/or equity, etc. Additional benefits and perks are available as well.
Sponsorship is not currently available for this role. You must currently hold the right to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.