Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Shaping and implementing our People and Talent strategies for our Enabling Functions. As the People Partner for Enabling Functions, you will partner with Accounting and Finance, Legal and Compliance, and IT executives and their leadership teams to translate business objectives into targeted People and Talent solutions. You will re-frame business challenges and opportunities through the lens of talent and employee experiences as well as create and maintain a positive and rewarding work environment. You are the go-to-person for the Enabling Functions senior leadership teams for all strategic and operational People-related issues and topics. As a People Partner, you will represent the broader People team, while partnering with People Operations, People Intelligence, Talent Acquisition and our Employee Experience Partners to provide integrated People solutions. This role is based in our headquarters in Vienna.
What you'll do
- Strategic and trusted advisor to our Enabling Functions executives and their senior leadership teams - utilising business expertise, subject matter domain knowledge, and competitive landscape insights to shape proactive People and Talent strategies
- Central point of contact for the senior leadership teams for all People-related issues and topics. Assess and anticipate People-related needs and work with the broader People team to build solutions to solve for them
- Create and maintain ‘As-Is’ and multi-stage ‘To-Be’ strategic workforce and organisation design plans, identify the configuration, structure, processes, capabilities and capacity required both now and in the future. Identify gaps at individual and organisational levels and develop action roadmaps to overcome those. Ensure workforce and organisation design plans are ready for scale-up
- Partner with People Intelligence to plan, measure and assess talent capabilities in relation to business performance. Utilise data to shape workforce and organisational design plans
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends in finance, legal, IT, financial markets and banking ecosystem, and forthcoming changes to regulatory frameworks. Use insights to define workforce and organisational needs, and futureproof our Enabling Functions
- Act as facilitator of talent – lead an integrated talent and successional management approach. Define a data-driven approach to talent management to identify, develop, retain and deploy our Talent. Engage with our Top Talent to understand their career aspirations, growth plans, strengths and development needs – facilitate quarterly Talent insight conversations. Host Talent calibrations and cross-organisational Talent exchanges
- Manage a proactive succession strategy – identify critical positions and springboard roles, maintain strong succession and “ready now” action plans. Build succession diversity and inclusion strategies
- Own and shape performance management strategies to mitigate business risk – identify talent in need of development and those representing a less than ideal fit
- Coach the senior leadership team. Identify leadership development needs and create development curricula. Facilitate leader and team integration workshops
- Be the voice of our Enabling Functions in the organisation. Act as change agent and “culture / how we work” champion
Who you are
- 8+ years hands-on experience as an HR Business Partner. Preferably at least 3+ years experience in hyper-growth, start-to-scale or fast-growing international technology companies. Experience in partnering with Enabling Functions senior leadership teams is a distinct advantage
- Passionate about shaping the crypto and asset trading industry – democratising financial assets
- Experience in shaping and implementing People and Talent strategies, including performance improvement and leadership coaching, talent and succession management, compensation review, organisation design and strategic workforce planning, change and transition management, employee relations and employee development. Solid experience in assessing risk relative to the business
- Data literate – ability to interpret and understand data, to draw conclusions and develop action plans
- Experience working with senior leadership teams – you are an outstanding communicator and influencer
- Fluency in English is a must and any other official Bitpanda languages would be advantageous
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-Hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.