In this role, you'll help us build novel architectures for classifying and understanding the complex and dynamic environments in our cities. You'll have access to the best sensor data in the world and an incredible infrastructure for testing and validating your algorithms.
Our Perception team has offerings within the Vision, Radar, Tracking, and Safety sub teams.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op in relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Enjoy solving challenging and under-defined real world problems.
- Proficient with C++/C or Python
- Ability to solve hard problems using first principles, mathematics, physics, or machine learning.
General Bonus Qualifications
- Able to commit to a 6+ month internship
- Strong C++, CUDA experience
- Experience dealing with noise from real sensors.
Bonus Qualifications by Team
- Candidates will be matched to the team that best fits their skill set and team’s needs.
- Experience with deep learning, visual detection, semantic segmentation, temporal models etc.
- Experience with radar signal processing including FMCW/Stretch processing, MIMO, Bayesian Filtering, Super-Resolution techniques, etc.
- Experience in optimal state estimation, least-squares, non-linear least-squares, M-estimation, Gauss-Newton, Levenberg-Marquardt
- Experience with Kalman Filtering, Extended Kalman Filtering, Unscented Kalman Filtering, Particle Filtering, Data Association and Multi Hypothesis Tracking
- Experience with deep learning based sensor fusion, pointnets, temporal networks
- Experience with building either machine learning models or classical systems for one of the sensors (lidar, radar, camera)
- Experience with topics in explainable ML, SOTIF, or Functional Safety.
- Passion for writing codes for safety-critical applications.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.